LegacyGT.com

Who here plays hockey?

RuskiTrombone

looking for hockey players in the DCM area.

I just purchased all my equipment and want to start playing again. I haven't played since I was a little kid and just got the hockey fever. Equipment cost me 450 from Great Skate. Hope everything fits and I am sure I will spend an hour trying to figure out how to put everything on. Then I have to find some pick up games and just hope I don't embarass myself too much.

Anyone play? Where?

• 2 years later...

Revive this old bitch.

I am thinking of getting back into Hockey. What are the cool new skates to have, mine are killing me. I've had them since HS(1995) I have the Microns with the Blue blades. :cool:

I see tha Nike has completely takin over hockey equipment too. Always loved new Hockey gear.

Denial is your best friend

nike joined forces with bauer and they make a pretty good skate, but can be expensive.

i personally like graf skates, but they are expensive too

go to a pro-shop, try on everything in your price range, then order your stuff from somewhere like www.hockeymonkey.com or www.hockey2.com

you'll save a bunch

also, definitely get a new one piece composite stick. i like easton synergy. very very nice, i think they weigh like 400 grams

wa da tah my damie

If I was getting new skates I would look at CCM or Graf. I have super tacks right now. As far as sticks go, I hate one piece composites. In my opinion they are overpriced and too weak for an average hockey player. For the pros who get new sticks constantly it isn't a big deal, but I shatter the blades too often. I just rock a z-bubble and a wooden blade. I have been using the z-bubble since it came out and haven't found anything I like better.

epuck.com and hockeygiant are two sites I have used in the past that you can add to your list of online stores. epuck has great customer service. I had some equipment that broke in the first game of a tournament. So I sent them some pictures and explained what happened. I never asked for a refund or anything more just telling them that they shouldn't carry crappy products, but they sent me a replacement for free and followed up afterwards to see how I like it.

I took the last year off hockey (longest time I haven't played since I was about 12). I'm missing it a lot and would like to get into it again, but I need to find a new team since my previous one is the reason I stopped playing.

God i had the same bug bite me recently. Havent played since High School and recently started skating again. Lost a few steps but i can still move.

CCM skates for the win. And i always used sherwood sticks. But i broke em regularly.

I wish i still had my pads and what not. Moms gave em away to a kid who wanted to play on her team who couldnt afford pads.

lol, i had those blue tuuk microns, too, i wore those blades down to nubs playing on shitty ponds -- and crappy bauer spirits, turbos, the inverted looking ones with the white (can't remember the #), ccm tacks, and my fave ancient (late 80s) bauer 1000 customs. yeh, sherwood always...

you know if us old bastards got out there, though, everybody'd go home with devastating injuries, lol.

Archived