LegacyGT.com

Headlight Bulb Mount HELP!

HaloNHorns2002

Ok, fun times. I did the DRL disable mod last night, FTW! Pulled just the blue w/ black wire and they were gone! Unfortunately, when I plugged everything in and started the car to test it, my drivers side low-beam blew. Gaahh! No big deal though, or so I thought… I pull the back cover off, and low and behold, the PO had broken off the wire retainer clip thingy that holds the bulb in place. In place of it are several zip-ties. Nice. They doing the job well enough, but I can’t change my headlight bulb without re-weaving them back on, and I don’t wanna deal with THAT. So, my question is this, can I just replace the mounts on the back of the housings or do I need a completely new assembly? I found a place that seems to sell the parts individually, but I’m not sure which one I actually need. Oh yeah, and the pass. side is broken too. Yay. Thanks in advance for your help guys!

UPDATE: I can’t exactly drive around one-eyed, so I ended up just zip tying them for now. After closer inspection of the headlight housing (plus it was daylight, which helps a LOT) I see that it’s all one piece. Yay! $250 to spend on a new (to me) car. Oh well, it could be worse!

Archived