LegacyGT.com

Suggestions.....needed

Thetoad

Ive had a recent horrific experience dealing with my dealer in North east NJ.

Although I only have 20.6K miles on my 2006 Spec B ,everything seems to be going at once,,,battery 3rd,rear brakes,tires,2nd set because of originally supplied Bridgestone Summer Performance potenza's almost killed me in the rain......and finally my clutch..

While on the rack when the tires were being installed I did not like the condition of my exhaust system.Can someone recommend a mechanic I might send a new exhaust system to in the north east section of new jersey for I feel I was certainly hosed by my dealer.

I'm right over the GW Bridge,,so even new York mechanics would be OK.What after market would you suggest for a 06 Spec B

I'm all EARZ.....

Just my opinion here but I'd quit dealing with the dealership and find a subie shop or import shop somewhere. I found out that my Subaru service department makes commission so if they can make some money they will nickle and dime you. Its kinda sickening. Just my 2 cents, I'm not from around your area so I don't know any mechanics but I'm sure there are quite a few on this forum that are.

I did not like the condition of my exhaust system.

Can you elaborate on what you didn't like? Are you just wanting to see some shinny stainless exhaust system under there? or is the stock muffler falling apart?

couple things: original battery? the battery probably went because of the insanely harsh environment of where you live. ive seen batteries last a year, or ten. stop and go city driving in general creates more wear and tear, which is likely where the premature clutch wear and brake wear came from. being close to salt water is like giving cancer to a car. the exhaust sees tons of moisture and the salinity in the air doesnt really help either, in fact it accellerates rust and corrosion. Its a really good idea to rinse the bottom of the car a couple times during the winter to get the salt off, and in your case once every month or two. the gears going... at that low mileage no transmission should be giving way unless its beat to a pulp or defecive. enjoy that car!

Archived