LegacyGT.com

help with logs-loosing boost

ctlex

my target boost is 19psi but right now im only hitting 16, i checked for leaks but didnt find any obvious ones. im not sure if i have a small boost leak or if im getting knock and the car is taking away boost. any input would help,thanks.

datalog2.csv

Ill see if I can do a 3rd gear pull tomorrow and then report back. My mods are:

Perrin top mount

Cobb catted down pipe

Perrin catback

Agency power equal length header

Invida up pipe

Vf52*

Deatsworks 740cc injectors

Deatsworks dw65 fuel pump*

gfb diverter valve/bov

underdrive crank pulley

k and n intake

perrin catch can

halman mbc

and yes its a 5mt. Thanks

This is a good example of why I think an MBC shouldn't be used on a street driven car and if it is, it should be made VERY clear to the owner what the pros/cons are. The OP obviously wasn't informed of potential shortcomings, such as having to adjust by hand for temperature fluctuations.

Furthermore, we can't even diagnose anything from the logs because the PWGDC values are completely meaningless. Is his MBC broken? Is his actuator weak? Is it simply a temperature problem? We really can't tell....

Hmm I cant beleive I didnt think of that since its warmer out the air is less dense meaning less boost. The mbc came on the car so I just stuck with it. I doubt there are any wastegate problems since I just put the vf52 on 5k miles ago. Ill try adjusting the mbc and logging from a lower rpm. Thanks

Archived