LegacyGT.com

brake light bulb removal problem

c-lo

forget it, you bastards I got it.

Almost embarassed to post this, but I'm trying to help my neighbor replace a brake light bulb on her legacy sedan. problem is the wires have been run infront of the metal bracket so I can't pull the flippin bulb out; there's no slack from the wire connecting to the back of the socket.

suggestions?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• 2 years later...
Well I just ran into this so I will post. I did my head lights last week and it was obviously easy and straight forward. However, my legacy 2005 had no clearance to get the brake light bulb out either and since I got pulled over yesterday it had to get done. Anyway I had to unclip the electrical connection right near the bulb (two plastic pieces are joined) and under one piece of the plastic there is a small nipple holding it on another gray plastic bracket. I pinched this nipple some with pliers and removed the plastic connector from it. This gave me enough room to remove the bulb. It did not give me much more wire but enough to remove it. In addition I pulled the interior of the trunk away from the area since I could not remove the bulb in the little trap door. I think the other two bulbs will be easy through the door but this bottom one is not. Just my .02 hope it helps somebody because I came on here looking for a solution.

Archived