LegacyGT.com

Anyone with this tyre size

aizen

Hi noobie with JDM 2.0GT 2006 legacy station wagon currently with stock shoes(215/45R17)...been scraping the bumps and pavements etc..roads not the best full of potholes.Looking to lift the car by using either 215/50R17,225/50R17 or 235/45R17 tires....worried about rubbing or suspension issues....your guide will be appreciated.Pictures of wagon with the above tyre sizes will be appreciated

There's a sticky guide at the top of this forum with the largest tire sizes that will fit in a Legacy wheel well that you should be able to use to calculate the largest rim/tire combo that would fit. From your suggested sizes though, the 225/50R17 is the largest, but it will only gain you 0.6" / 1.5cm total ride height. You're probably going to want to look for something a lot larger to make a noticeable difference.

I need a lift of 1 cm because i can avoid the scraping by maneuvering the car.I believe the 10mm will reduce the need of maneuvering and maintain current stability.Anyone with 225/50R17....any rubbing or suspension issues if yes will go with 235/45R17

• 2 weeks later...

not to steal the thread but...

what is the tallest tire (i dont care about width but 215/225 are best) i can run stock, and what if i used outback struts for a small lift. i am looking at 17 or 18" rota torques and would like to gear it up so i can cruise at highway speed for a bit better mpg while i am at it.

Archived