LegacyGT.com

Series of stage 2 ?s

turbosubaru

Went stage 2 this winter.

Threw on invidia catless dp/obx cbe, opensource tune

The car, 2008 gt L, already had spt intake(w/o heatshield) when i bought it.

Left it on there for the tune but hate the sound. I told the tuner it's not a good intake but he didn't mention problems with it.

If you had to pick an intake what would you pick? AEM? Cobb?

On the best pulls I get a CEL, the boost will aggressively cut off and the car will "kick back" right before the cel. Tuner said it shouldn't be a problem as long as everything feels fine, which it does. I can still pull after the cel. Maybe its just tuned too hard?

The cel has been tcm controle module or emissions(no cats) the times I've checked it. It comes and goes but stays on for a while.

Are you stuck with a cel if you go opensource with no cats? I don't want to buy an cobb AP.

Also upgrading the cbe to invidia q300. I suspect my intake and obx exhaust aren't worthy parts for my car. What about the invidia uppipe-worth it? I believe the 08's are already catless stock.

Answer what you can, thanks.

You don't need a new uppipe with your 08. It's really only truly important for 05-07 for cat delete for turbo safety reasons. You would only need it for very big power and even then the gains from an aftermarket up are no more than about 5 hp.

As far as intake goes ... stock-a-rooni. The stocker flows great, especially for a stage 2 car. Again, you might want an aftermarket intake for big power, but you're good on the stock intake up to 350-400 awhp. In addition, the spt intake is a possible culprit of your tuning headaches. Sometimes tuners struggle to get it right on these cars in the exact situation you are describing.

Sounds like fuel cut for your CEL and "kick back". You might need a new tuner. If he isn't asking for logs and wants a driver to feel warm and fuzzy "because it feels fine":rolleyes: then you're a hell of a lot more trusting than you should be.

The SPT intake is a complete POS for the LGT. The MAF sensor is in a bend, which will see odd airflow at times due to turbulence etc. Put a stock intake on for stage 2 unless you absolutely must have the sound characteristics of the aftermarket open filter style.

No you are not "stuck" with a CEL because you are open source tuned and eliminated some cats. Your tuner should be able to disable codes that come up because of changing hardware.

Also the CBE is just a preference thing. You are no where near power levels where a stock CBE would be severely restrictive. I personally wouldn't buy OBX anything - but that's my preference to only buy high quality original parts that aren't copies of another company's R&D.

• 2 weeks later...

No use Feadbeans a Vendor on here, unless the dealers gives you 25% off.

Click the vendor link on the blue bar up top.

Where do you live. My dealer parts guy's give me 25% off.

My Tuner is great, www.tuningalliance.com

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived