LegacyGT.com

Sqeaking in rear and on an on

My mind is blown away right now. info overload:spin:. i have a sever sqeeking and rattle when i go over pot holes and such at normal speeds in my 05 OB. shocks is what im thinking the problem is. but while im at it i want to improve my car's handling. been looking around and im really lost. anybody willing to direct me to any helpful posts here?

+ if anybody has any info on led tail lights, exhauste and sway bars? (i used to have a legacy wagon missing some of the handling)

i don't mind reading an searching i just don't want to waste my life finding the right posts. so if any body knows of a good spot to look let me know.

thanks

It's not here, but this is a great place to start:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/81-wheels-tires-brakes-suspension/28368-2005-2009-outback-suspension-faq.html

Most of us are lowered on some sort of Legacy specific suspension with sway bars (Legacy GT sways fit the OB).

Anything for a Legacy GT will fit on an Outback (you just lose the ride height, wheels might rub if you go low enough)

SublimeJoe's is a great thread to see what you can do and read through his thought process for the changes he made.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/outback-xt-164214.html

Those two threads will give you a good over view of what can be done. But really it's up to your goals:

Keep outback ride height / slightly better handling - replace struts with KYB (it's an option in the first link) and Rear Sway bar.

Improve handling all around: shocks/springs - Outback specific coilovers (BC/BR - scooby2.5 has them), Legacy GT take off suspension, Legacy Bilstein suspension, Koni, etc. Sway bars - get a rear one and the avo reinforcement bracket. The car feels so much better.

OP, this is what I've done to my OBXT. Goal was to keep ride height while improving handling:

• change rear OEM endlinks to AVO adjustable endlinks
  • installed a 20mm whiteline rear swaybar
  • installed AVO reinforced swaybar brackets
  • installed rallitek overload springs for the rear end

These mods have significantly improved the handling. Now, I have to take care of the front (swaybar+bushings, endlinks), LCA bushings too.

Subaruoutback.org has plenty of info too.

Archived