LegacyGT.com

alignment issue

So I'm a mechanic, and I decide to throw my 2006 subaru legacy gt up on the alignment lift one day. turns out left rear toe is maxed out and is still way out. it's measured at .50 degrees and within spec is .15 degrees at maximum. was wondering if anyone else has had problems like this, and what their solutions have been. I'd like to not eat tires in the future.

Might be important to note, that my car has the stock suspension, and has very light engine and interior mods. again, any input might help, and thanks.

that's what subaru said over the phone. I did that, and nothing is obviously bent... something might be bent subtly though. not sure how I would/could check that though other than by disassembling the entire rear suspension. I need to do struts all the way around though, so I might be better able to diagnose/fix the issue then.

Use a tape measure. Measure in an X pattern from fixed points on the body and to the suspension components. Do that on both sides crossing over from left to right and so on. If you measure one side longer than the other something is bent. At that point the hard part is finding the exact part that is out of spec. Good luck!

Two different wheel/alignment shops couldn't get my front within spec and both recommended a camber caster kit (IIRC). A third shop figured out that the alignment issue was due to a torn front LCA bushing. Does the rear have something similar to that?
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

How are you adjusting rear toe?

That's what the eccentric bolts inboard on the rear are for.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Whiteline makes a kit with adjustable camber and toe bars for the rear. The bushings in the camber bars didn't last on my vehicle, but the toe bars are still going strong as far as I know. It isn't exactly a cheap solution, especially considering the bushings in the camber bars aren't up to the job, but it would do the trick for giving you more toe adjustment.

Whiteline part number KTA124

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=KTA124&sans_vehicle=1

Archived