LegacyGT.com

How long did you look for?

How long did it take to find the Legacy GT that you wanted? specifically wagon owners? There is 1 within 100 miles of me, its fine but is silver (don't really want silver) and is a manual (fine with me, but my wife needs to drive, and at the moment does not know how to drive stick, although she did tell me this morning that she would learn, but at the same time I don't want to get a car that she is pretty much unable to drive for a while). I also think the one for sale is a little overpriced ($17k for an 05 with 61K) but that's beside the point.

So how long did it take to find the car you wanted? in the color you wanted? my wife prefers the Outback, but I am trying to find an LGT. The problem is there are loads of Outbacks available, and there is going to be a point where I have to settle for the OB.

5 hours. :lol:

I walked into the dealer for the first time, at 12:30pm to test drive a GT (in 5MT). I was out around 5:30 with a new car. Salesman was pretty happy.

5 hours? WT? THAT is the reason why people hate dealing with car salesmen.

it took me a few months. I ended up buying the only black on black OBP in the state. The dealer i bot it from (3 hrs. away) had it dealer traded from the OTHER side of the state.

That car was totaled 3 months later and now I have my my BSM LGT that I found in a week.

Rehab is for quitters.

started working at subaru in 05... they had a 05 black mt non limited, i wanted it so bad but I needed money for school. i dont like leather so the non limited was what i wanted. Someone three years later someone finially traded a black mt non limited in, one owner, and stock with 37K. By this time i have become really good freinds with the owners son who ran subaru.... picked it up for a little more then what it was traded in for. looooove it and payed less then half of what i would of paid in 05 lol

Similar to rouar, except knew I wanted 5MT wagon. So checked on subaru site and found 2 of the last new MT wagons in my 5 state dealer area were at dealership nearby. Called the Internet manager, worked out an acceptable price range to haggle with, went and saw him and made the deal. he had two of what I wanted that had been sitting on the lot for awhile. No color choice, but that was not significant for me (actually I wanted silver). Pretty simple.

I'm assuming that you are looking for a used Subie. If I remember correctly, that dealership had a complete listing of used cars also. Don't know if this is universal and didn't see until I went to the dealership page (i.e., not on subaru.com). You might try posting on the your regional forum page. Folks here are pretty helpful.

couple hours after it got cleared from subaru certified used dealer, got it cleaned and detailed....went back the next day and drove it home

didn't even know what a legacy was prior to my bro telling me about it (10 days before i made the purchase)

good god!! didn't pick one up yet??!?

why not get an outback XT and lower it?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

good god!! didn't pick one up yet??!?

why not get an outback XT and lower it?

Outback XT is what I am looking at right now, but would still prefer a Legacy :lol:

Only just got house sorted, so am only now seriously looking though, but also saw a few decent ones come and go over the past couple months.

I test drove an '05 5MT Sedan while my '02 RS was in for a service... The next year I got an '06 5MT Sedan for myself and a 2.5i Impreza for my wife....Happily ever after:wub::wub::wub:

Oh yeah...the actual time between the "Decision" and the "Drive away" was one day.

The first one (new) I found within less 10 days back in May 2006.

The second one (used).... about 18 months, but then I was picky and somewhat undecided :lol:

If your wife wants the learn to drive manual it means she's a good woman and potentially a keeper :) Get a manual!

I found a non limited ABP one for ~16k. Went to go look at it and since it was at a Dodge dealer, they didn't want it on their lot and auctioned it off.

2 days later, I found an OBP LGT LTD, test drove it, they wouldnt haggle so I walked away. It sat on their lot for the next 4 weeks. I test drove an STi that was around the same price but more miles and older. Concluded that the LGT was better, contacted the dealer and made another arangement. Haggled some, took it home that night.It was prolly around 5 weeks of actually looking at different Subarus but like 3 months when I decided to actually get another car. Haggling was ridiculous though. They wanted to me to finance $1200 bucks. I said "No, I'm paying CASH for the car right now." They were supposedly already selling under AND the car had sat atleast 5 wks total on their lot and they wanted me to finance $1200...

That 05 wagon is way overpriced. I took home my '06 LGT Limited with 23k miles for 18k.

A year.

Bought a 2.5i sedan......a year later I realized I need more cargo room, and the dealer I bought my 2.5i from was selling off their 2.5GT wagon service cars for cheap. So I traded in my car and couldn't be happier.

It took me about a week or so. Once my wife and I had the conversation ok'ing me to get a new car i was on the hunt. It was basically between a 02-03 540 wagon, 525 wagon in manual, Forester Sport XT and the Legacy GT wagon. The closest Legacy GT wagon i could find was 190 miles away, but I also found a FSXT for sale down there too so I figured if I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone I'd be set. However I drove the Legacy and fell in love. Almost 4 weeks later I still check the driveway to make sure the chevy's gone!

If your wife wants the learn to drive manual it means she's a good woman and potentially a keeper :) Get a manual!

She was a keeper long before that, this was just the icing on the cake! :lol:

I think the thing that worries me is that I am not sure how easy it will be to teach her how to drive stick, or how much potential damage could be caused to the LGT while she is learning. We have a 2nd vehicle, so it's not like she would be stuck anytime, I am just not so sure how easy it will be to learn to drive manual in the Legacy.

It took me about a week or so.

You got the blue one from Annapolis Subaru right? don't suppose you looked over the silver one while you were up there?

Ideally I want a white one, especially as I have seen 2 white LGT wagons recently in the area and they looked really nice, despite the fact I don't really like white cars.

Archived