LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

nice. what do you guys do for work seeing your mr. mom?

I was a Graphic Designer for a Gannett newspaper until my son was born. I also Paint painting of landscapes. (they sell pretty good depending on the economy) My wife works for a financial company as a research analyst.

I will say I would rather not have two car payments, but we got such deals on these cars that I could not pass them up. I should be putting the money in a college fund.

I bought the WRX with bad coil pacs and an oil leak that turned out to be a split crush washer on the pan. All fixed and better after a day at the dealer.

The wagon had a very overly complaining owner and the dealer said it had a lot of issues. They bought the car back from the owner and put him in an LL Bean with an auto trans. I have not found one issue yet. I think it was changing gears all the time.

“Abandon hope, all ye who enter here”

-Dante Alighieri

http://youtu.be/lLFunBPgPOo

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey guys, anyway, i was driving nicely with my hogzausted LGT, and i was going on my merry way, driving nicely, not speeding like usual, trying to get my mpg up a little, but the number it hit was unbelievable!!!!!! I was hitting 30 mpg and staying at it for the whole 35 mile ride home!!!!!!!!!!!

the amazing part is that th emost i've ever hit before i just hogzausted it was 28.1mpg, is this unusual, have others expereinced this amazing sensation, or did my car just break a barrier????

I have a video of it with some techno in the background, to build up the anticipation of it hitting 30mpg......im stunned, has anyone else hit this high??? Funny thing is, I've never had high gas mileage when the car was silenced, but now that its hogzausted, new barriers are broken everyday!!!!!!!

I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

What is great about the Hogzaust is that you can get as much sound as you want for cheap. And it is totally reversible without keeping a muffler in your garage until you sell the vehicle.

true that, my friends herd my car today on campus, and three different people came up behind him and all looked the same, he was like "duuuudee, make my car like urs" "how much did u spend!!??" I sed, nothing,

he says, STOP LYING FUCKER! u cant make a car sound like that for free, I was like, yes u can

So he grabs me by the sides of my shoulders and begs me to fix his 08 honda accord

I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

• 2 weeks later...
Any one running this mod for extended periods? I know there are "haters" for this mod, but my wife loves the sound as well, I just want to know the long term effects of the underside of the car. I am not worried about the exhaust fumes as you could probably put your mouth over the exhaust pipe and not get Carbon Monoxide poisoning. These cars are pretty clean..... Edited by bludool

I ran it for over a year and a half before I got my SPT cbe. No issues at all. Wife actually prefered Hogzawst to the CBE, but I liked the 3" tubing more:)

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Hey man, I have three(3) washers put at each bolt of the mufflers, and I have to say as I've said before (because I have no life and stay on legacygt.com all the time) I've been getting compliments from people left and right!

For example, I pulled into school and I 'rumbled' past some baseball dudes(fags) at my school, and they all could not resist to bend down and try to look under my car,

With the curious but bewildered look, like......Legacy.....Loud........what?!?

So yea, for those who have young ears and dont mind it, u'll get used to 3 washers easily, its remarkable

This whole thread has been hilarious. Though I prefer the quiet stock sound (I already have a loud car in my 450hp '72 Monte Carlo), I may just hogzaust my Legacy before I pull up to the local cruise-ins next spring. My only problem is I need to find someone to drive one car or the other, or I can teach my wife to drive the Legacy, since she is scared of the Monte. :confused:

What's next? Perhaps there is a market for hogzaust stickers like the stickers provided with other aftermarket parts. But then again, it may cost more for a sticker than the actual modification. :lol:

Has anyone tried a dyno comparison? :lol::lol:

hogzaust is dead to me:hide:

hogmeat left us for a frickin truck.........

damn!

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

sigh........does it matter? won't sound the same...........

I say close the thread.

:rolleyes:

but, did he hogzawst teh truck?...
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Did we close the Cubbypod down when Jon unloaded his LGT? Hell No!! This mod will outlive all of us. I am just proud that I got in at the beginning......:lol:

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

:lol: yeah, have to admit I miss the hog-zaust. think open her up again.

lols. I didn't leave you. My odor will linger for many many years. Like that cat pee you can't wash out of the carpet. I'm thinking of putting a dump tube on the truck. Now that would be a barrel of awesomeness...

PS - AFAIK, the hogzaust still lives on with the new owner. Though I think my baby is getting the full workover.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

so uhh, who wants to put bets as to how much longer this thread goes for?(total optimism in this question)

i'll put in $1 it lasts about another 17,975 posts........it did take 2years in change to make it to 2k.....so figure to hit 20k it'll be another another 10 years

unless we spend 1$ each on small advertisments and a few $$ on a mini unmanned plane to spread fliers over parts of the US........might exceed our budget though

Edited by MarkV

Denver133, use some kind of penetrating fluid, once you spray/ dab it, let it sit for 1-3 minutes, after the period of time has past, use a hammer(best to use is a small sludge hammer like 3 pound head) and after the 3 minutes or so, start hitting the nuts(not on the threads!!!)

And tap it on all sides of the hex(this will work in the fluid) and do the same to the head of the bolts, after you do that about 15-30 seconds per nut and bolt u can just spray a little more and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes(if u want to)

otherwise after the tapping with the hammer use a socket wrench on the nut, and either a normal closed end wrench or socket wrench on the other side as well, and use them both at the same time with the opposing force, and the nuts/bolts should crack pretty easy,

if not, like others have said, use heat, fire is always funnnnnn

I soaked mine with Liquid Wrench. I then put Vice grips on the top of the bolt and used a socket on the bottom. It broke loose and came of with a little muscle. Make sure you do not drop a washer down into your exhaust or it will get shot back into your muffler. You will have to remove the muffler to get it out.

“Abandon hope, all ye who enter here”

-Dante Alighieri

http://youtu.be/lLFunBPgPOo