LegacyGT.com

legacy wagon with bullet proof windows

down here in Brazil and my boss has a legacy wagon and it came with bullet proof windows all around. and the car is freaking heavy, we want to take them off out. there basically extra layers of glass ( quite sure there not poly carbinate it scratches like glass)

they are glued around the outside and we stared cutting the glue out with razor blades. but its pretty sucky.

does anyone have any experience with such things ?

the car is like 800# heavier the car just feels heavy.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Replace the doors with non-bulletproofed ones.

And post pictures.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

the thing with brazil there is 100% import tax on everything.

just a side window is like 500$ here. this car is considered a fairly top of the line for anything around here. ( there are new camaros and porches here too but even stupidier expensive. ) a honda 125 cc enduro dirtbike used would cost about 6000$ us. my buell down here is 25 000$ ( used one with 7000 km ) i paid 8 k for mine brand new.

anyways what i would like to do is take these things off, they seam to be only glued around the out side 1/2" of the window.

they appear to be stock window, Plastic sheet like widow tint then a pain of glass same thickness as the stock window ( wondering if there the stock windows cut shorter and jsut used ) then another plasitc sheet then another glass. again of same thickness.

so the windows all around are about 3/4" thick. the front windows fall off the track if you try to open them and the rears don't work ( guy said it was the fuse )

i don't know if the door pannels are bullet proofed them selves i can push in on the external layer of the door skin they seam soft as stock.

but the doors are heavy if you car the car on a slant you have to push very hard to open the doors.

the picture attached is one of my bosses places. the other is just next door.

the chick is some random chick who showed up and started swming.

the building the the left is the summer kitchen bbq thing. and the house is down to the right. There is another grounds keepers house down the hill a tiny bit.

i'll try and take some pics of the windows tomorrow. but not much to see other than stupid thick windows.

IMG_0216.thumb.jpg.f13cc915c7df0d79cfb4c712dcc9c7ee.jpg

^ that house and land cost 120 000 $ food is dirt cheap, and brazilian beef and steaks are known to be of the best in the world .. yes better than texas :p

doubt you have just bullet proof windows. Doesn't help much if you can just shoot through the door if the windows are protected. movies where they hide behind the doors is BS- bullets go right through car doors. Your problem is the armor in the doors. They won't be up against the skin of the doors. You have to take the door card off and look.

My mom's neighbor has a bullet proof Suburban.

The windows are obviously 2 inch thick lexan and he said the rest of the door panels have armor plating and kevlar behind them.

And since you're wondering, he's just a crazy nobody...a little, old, retired, Jewish psychotherapist.

sounds like a non jew WWII war criminal in hiding...

just sayin...

well the major thing is not bullets but car jackings with a hammer . you stop in traffic and they smash your window . take you take your car. but that was years ago, things apparently calmed down.

i'm gonna take the window out and look inside the door. take some pics for you guys.

also the rear lift gate has these extra large cylinders !! haha i couldn't believe it. the whole rear gate probably weighs 350 lbs ( just guessing )

no windows are bulletproof, just bullet resistant... :)

Unless they are steel...

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

no windows are bulletproof, just bullet resistant... :)

yes we know ..

i don't think it will hold up to the pea shooter in the pic below.

IMG_0381.thumb.jpg.56b18b13c30e860f5a34b1c74b5bccc2.jpg

Archived