LegacyGT.com

Best spark plugs??

sliCCriC

It's generally not a good idea to bypass the snorkus attached to the stock intake box. You get issues with resonance and your car will buck like hell.

If you want to ignore warnings that I give you from experience, cosmoracing.com has one, I think cobb made one that tried to remedy the resonance issue... ebay has plenty of no-name CAI for the EJ25 and 22. Otherwise I'd find an aftermarket arm that goes to the stock box. The stock box pulls cold air anyway and isn't really restrictive at all.

Hey knifeymcshanker....i removed the snorkle that goes in fender and the one from the front on my 97 legacy outback...would that explain the reason...y sometimes it feel like its struggling? it threw the cel but i think its cause i have a misfire i just have to get code read...

sorry to thread jack

Hey knifeymcshanker....i removed the snorkle that goes in fender and the one from the front on my 97 legacy outback...would that explain the reason...y sometimes it feel like its struggling? it threw the cel but i think its cause i have a misfire i just have to get code read...

sorry to thread jack

Yeah, removing it causes issues, it's been engineered and put there for a very good reason. There was this write-up someone did on nasioc.com a while ago that had graphs and a really good explanation of WHY removing the snorkus is bad, but in short: it causes the MAF sensor to read incorrectly in the low revs because of air moving in different directions caused by resonance from the motor. I don't believe MAP cars are effected by this same issue.

Getting a linear fuel map may fix this, if you have the money, I don't really know. Cheapest thing to do is just put the stock airbox and snorkus back in if the bucking bothers you. I only have my short ram in for the strip and autocross, stuff similar to that since it DOES give you better air flow in the higher revs.

Archived