LegacyGT.com

SMOG questions

Xplosivo1

Hey all,

I am in the process of replacing my motor and several other parts because I spun a bearing. I want to replace the up and down pipes in the process, can anyone tell me if I can run catless and still pass smog?

Any reccomendations on what combination of up/down CBE etc...

I also plan on upgrading to a 16g or 18g turbo if that matters any.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

My Cobb HFC DP and Bosal STi UP passed CA smog twice. First time with stock catback and 2nd time with the Perrin mid-Y and stock cans.

Old thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/stage-2-lgt-passes-ca-smog-77753.html

Technically, the aftermarket DP/cat should have failed the visual inspection, but I don't think most techs look that hard.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Technically, the aftermarket DP/cat should have failed the visual inspection, but I don't think most techs look that hard.

This is true, you didn't really pass, the technician failed to find the modifications, and at the same time your risking your car being flagged and sent to a referee, which a referee is way more techincally suave than the monkeys doing SMOGs. Best thing to do is keep your stock parts, put those on for SMOGs and reinstall your go fast goodies after the smog. That is the fool proof method for Kalifornia smog, garenteed to pass.

Archived