LegacyGT.com

best coils for STANCE

Stevedorez

Sorry guys if the same topic already exists.

it has become an issue of choosing coilovers for my Legacy BL. Many brands presented like XYZ, ksports, BC racing, megan racing. Why I am asking is that one my friend purchased costly CUSCO coils and heigth is the same as stock. Hope for your advices.

Budget around $1000

Remove the springs. Instant "stance".
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

ksports are sh1t.

Your words fall on deaf stance ears.

All they want is "low" quality.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

some people cant afford to shell out thousands of dollars for something you can get that is still good quality and last. Guess thats why a lot of nissan guys run ksports lol, i've never personally ran them so I wouldn't know but if you are just going for stance and not track why does it matter

some people cant afford to shell out thousands of dollars for something you can get that is still good quality and last. Guess thats why a lot of nissan guys run ksports lol, i've never personally ran them so I wouldn't know but if you are just going for stance and not track why does it matter

It matters because some people like a decently 'smooth' ride.

Nice to have something that won't fall apart or actually make emergency handling worse.

Lots of shit coilovers have pretty catastrophic failures.

If you can't afford to do it well, maybe you just shouldn't do it.

If you want to go low, the quality of coilovers isn't going to make a huge difference on anything other than comfort. Either way, the handling is going to decrease without putting a lot more money into it than just the coilovers. If you do go low, I would highly suggest a roll center correction kit to save you from catastrophic bump steer, especially if you're going to track it from time to time.

I ran Megans on my LGT and the ride was mediocre, but I never had issues with quality. I'm currently running BCs on my WRX and again, mediocre ride but no quality issues so far.

Plenty of people have tracked and autocrossed all of the mentioned coils with no issues at all. This debate is a lot like the Rota one. Just because one or two people had failures (which may or may not have been user error) doesn't mean that the product is crap. You still have thousands of people who will never have an issue.

It's cool; I'm with the band

My megans were smooth and right below his budget and also could be very stiff when adjusted and tuned properly and low. The OP never said anything about ride quality he has a budget of $1000. These were my megans on my built rs http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee48/boyband_01/New%20Scooby%202/a45c043f.jpg

And yes with additional arms and suspension is where it really helps with coils, I had the lateral links, trailing arms all adjustable, sway bars, end links, bushings and it was glued on rails no understeer with about -1.5 camber in front -1.2 in rear

BTW guys the budget for coilovers around $1000 because Im far far away from the USA and shipping takes me approximately $400

05 sleeper the height of your imreza exactly what Im looking for

a friend of mine owns subaru lancaster (JDM outback BH) with megans... I gotta lead him to lower his car and see how low it can be

^they are all sh1t. FWIW, any coilover you can get for $1000 is sh1t. Seeing as you care mostly about lowering, you want a double height adjustable coilover so you can lower the car and bump up spring preload so you dont bottom out on everything. Tein flex coils are probably the cheapest reasonable choice for you. they still aren't that great, but they are better than the $1000 options. you can probably swing a new set for around $1400, or find a used set for $800ish

Archived