Stainless Steel Brake Lines

tubasteve

SS brake lines  

24 members have voted

1. 1. SS brake lines

• worth it!
    • not worth it
    • can't notice a difference

I've searched and can't find a consistent answer on whether SS lines are worth replacing functional stock lines. I'm planning for timing belt and brake service. Plan to replace all 4 pads/rotors and was considering having the lines swapped also. I drive an 04 LGT sedan 5sp

I had a set on my last Legacy and there was a noticeable difference. After having one of them rupture due to rubbing when a mounting clip popped off (poor design on the line), I can say that I will probably never install another set on a daily driver.

I was going to agree with Rao and be done with it... But every motorcycle I have owned, even a Honda Nighthawk DD, either had ss lines or I changed it to ss lines. I could absolutely tell the difference. I think the swelling of the OEM lines relative to a 400+lb bike could definately be felt in my hands (not just my head :lol:)

I am sure there is a bike racer or two on forum who could chime in here...

Anyway, I doubt that I am a good enough DRIVER (not rider) or that my car sees AutoX/Togue driving enough for me to notice SS lines. I was very unhappy with my mushy LGT pedal feel. I changed up to fresh Amsoil and HPS pads and the pedal felt great. If I was putting in a big brake kit, seems silly not to replace the lines with SS at the same time...

So... SS lines if they are right for you?

I put in SS lines a month ago. I had them on my last car (Acura, Integra) and could notice a better feel on them. But on the LGT I do not feel or notice any change. I did it to see if I could get rid of the "slow to react” bakes. It did not help. When I get home in a month or two I will be changing out pads... hoping that will help the brakes.

But you got to love bling of SS!

Side note: They made a hell of a difference on my motorcycle!

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Archived