LegacyGT.com

Cusco F&R Sways & CLUNK! Help?

STiNGER

Hi guys, I recently installed on my 06 LGT 5MT, front and rear non-adjustable Cusco anti-sway bars. They are attached via Cobb endlinks (beautiful). I also swapped in some Tein H-Techs at the same time. The whole setup has about 200 miles on it now.

The problem is... occasionally when turning either direction and going downhill (pulling out of my driveway for instance) I hear a clunk coming out of the front wheel well oposite of the direciton i'm turning. So if I'm coming down my driveway, turning left onto our street, I hear a "clunk" on the right/front side of the vehicle. The clunk usually comes at what is perceived the highest point of compression of the suspension. I've had it up on a lift, and I can't see any wear spots or bent anythings. I really can't "see" what's happening. Anyone have any insight? (sorry for the poor description of the problem)

TIA

2006 LGT LTD 5MT Brilliant Silver

Cobb AP w/ TDC S2 protune

Crucial DP

K&N Filter

Cusco F&R Sways

Tein H-Techs

Cobb F&R Endlinks

Kartboy SS

Xtec HID 5000K

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will do, but I take you guys don't think it's the combination of parts? Maybe something wrong other than something being lose? Thanks

Crucial DP

K&N Filter

Cusco F&R Sways

Tein H-Techs

Cobb F&R Endlinks

Kartboy SS

Xtec HID 5000K

Installed my sways this past weekend.. no clunks even after an extensive test of the improvement. :icon_bigg Make sure everything is tight.

THREAD-JACK.... Franz, what sways did you go with?

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

I have had the same problem for seems like ever. I have regreased all the bushing, tightened down everything, and put swaybar sliding stops on the front. The bars did not do the "popping" until I lowered it. Many people have had this problem. The popping you hear is the swaybar moving left or right as you turn. I just live with it now.

I have had the same problem for seems like ever. I have regreased all the bushing, tightened down everything, and put swaybar sliding stops on the front. The bars did not do the "popping" until I lowered it. Many people have had this problem. The popping you hear is the swaybar moving left or right as you turn. I just live with it now.

+1

I went as far as taking my car into a mechanic to make sure everything was tight and well lubed. I've learned a few tricks to limit the clunks; slow down while in reverse and try not to cut the wheel as hard while backing out. Those two have significantly cut my clunks to only one or two a month, which I can deal with.

Firedawg - is this clunking causing any major damage? or is it just the sway bar shifting?

My Tein H-Techs didn't lower the vehicle too much. What the hell do people do with S-Techs or more?

Crucial DP

K&N Filter

Cusco F&R Sways

Tein H-Techs

Cobb F&R Endlinks

Kartboy SS

Xtec HID 5000K

Hi guys, I recently installed on my 06 LGT 5MT, front and rear non-adjustable Cusco anti-sway bars. They are attached via Cobb endlinks (beautiful). I also swapped in some Tein H-Techs at the same time. The whole setup has about 200 miles on it now.

The problem is... occasionally when turning either direction and going downhill (pulling out of my driveway for instance) I hear a clunk coming out of the front wheel well oposite of the direciton i'm turning. So if I'm coming down my driveway, turning left onto our street, I hear a "clunk" on the right/front side of the vehicle. The clunk usually comes at what is perceived the highest point of compression of the suspension. I've had it up on a lift, and I can't see any wear spots or bent anythings. I really can't "see" what's happening. Anyone have any insight? (sorry for the poor description of the problem)

TIA

I am shoppimg for both these mods, did you get them from the same vendor?

Denial is your best friend

The bars did not do the "popping" until I lowered it. Many people have had this problem. The popping you hear is the swaybar moving left or right as you turn. I just live with it now.

Is this a problem with the Cusco bar, or just all sway bars on lowered LGTs generally?

I'm curious guys, how does the car ride with the stock springs and struts and the stiff cusco f+r sway bars?

some amount of increased harshness on bumps as you would expect but nothing excessive. to me, cusco f+r sways are a no-brainer mod. putting 18s on made the ride MUCH worse than the sways did (which still isnt bad)

I'm curious guys, how does the car ride with the stock springs and struts and the stiff cusco f+r sway bars?

Only on really bumpy roads there's some more bump steer but nothing major. Just a lot less roll and the car turns in so hard now I need to watch out for curbs with the rear tire. :lol:

Is this a problem with the Cusco bar, or just all sway bars on lowered LGTs generally?

Not a problem with Cusco. It is a problem with the ride height. I have a whiteline bar with H-techs.

I don't think it is causing damage; other than stress on the swaybar brackets. That is why I was thinking of a relocation bracket for the fronts; maybe only a 1" lower would help???

like I said the few attempts on fixing have been: different types of grease, changed endlinks, sway bar stops, etc.

I did not buy these from the same vendor, however http://www.therpmstore.com has given me the best service and is a great place to start. If you don't find something there, contact Donny and he'll find it, add it to his site, and his price will be very low if not the best.

I'm having everything double checked tonight. I'll let everyone know what I find.

Crucial DP

K&N Filter

Cusco F&R Sways

Tein H-Techs

Cobb F&R Endlinks

Kartboy SS

Xtec HID 5000K

Archived