LegacyGT.com

Great product for silver

I have been testing something new and I think it is perfect for silver cars. If you have a SpecB and are hoping for something that really makes silver pop, well this could be it for you. It is from http://www.Danase.com and it is the wonderful spearmint scented Danase Acrylic Paint Sealant. I haven't been able to do much long term testing with it yet, so I can't tell you how long it lasts. It has been working out for at least the last two months on my test vehicle, but we'll see how much longer it goes. The beauty is really in the appearance. Here it is on a silver Chrysler 300M that I detailed today. If your silver isn't reflecting like this, then maybe this product could work well for you.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w22/OCDetails2007/300M/17-14-20076-35-50PM.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w22/OCDetails2007/300M/17-14-20076-34-16PM.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w22/OCDetails2007/300M/17-14-20076-33-50PM.jpg

Pretty slick, eh? I've been working with Bob at Danase doing some label design and he has sponsored a couple of detailing events for me. He is definitely good people and I can recommend doing business with him if you so desire. Not many products can do this kind of thing to silver, so I thought I'd let you guys in on the big news. :) If anyone in the SLC area has a silver Legacy who wants to be my test car for appearance on Subaru Silver, then just give me a call and I'll put this on the car so we can see if it does the same for that color.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

By all means. With the angles and body lines of that car I'd wager that this product would look spectacular. We need to get those cat scratches out anyway. I'm available after 4:30 and on the weekends, so tell him to give me a holler.

OCDETAILS BLOG

OC ... A few questions:

How does it look on darker colored cars? Does it look a little more "plasticy" on darker colors like other acrylics?

How is the dust attraction?

Was the 300C also applied using PolyCharger?

Gracias

vet ... I've been very happy with the Wolfgang on my GRP as well as the S100 when I was just using wax. If you're going to order online, go for the Wolfgang, if you want to get something you can buy locally and are comfortable using a Wax instead of a Sealant, head over to a Harley-Davidson shop and pick up some S100 wax.

Of course, my questions about darker colors is somewhat due to my ownership of a GRP car, so if the Danase looks as good on darker colors, I'd be up for trying it on my sedan as well. ;)

I haven't tried layering the products yet, but I do have the Wet Glaze and really like it on dark cars. It is good on silver, but I think that is where the acrylic sealant really works best. Everything looks good on black, but when you find something that makes light colors stand out then they should be mentioned. :)

OCDETAILS BLOG

Show me Prima Epic on silver and I just might. ;) There are too many products out there to choose from these days. I'm not suggesting that any one of them is 'the best', but there are certianly products that enhance certian colors better than others.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived