LegacyGT.com

MightyCarMods iPad Dash Installation

TurboLag23

Thought this was kinda cool...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-ALYArl5S4&feature=g-u-u]iPad Install - YouTube[/ame]

Looks like a pretty complete and resourceful guide to mounting an iPad in the dash of your car for cheap.

Could anyone with experience in car audio voice opinions on this? It seems like a really good idea, and possibly something I would want to do to my brother's Outback as a birthday present (his is also a 3rd gen wagon)

Also, the Outback in the video looks friggin sweet... I would definitely consider an STI swap in my brother's when the H6 dies (so basically never, unfortunately :p)

I don't think you'd need it. you'd need a microphone, but phone audio would play through the car's speakers, just like it plays through headphones. Which makes this in some ways even more awesome for an iPhone.

Not sure if that would affect call quality for the other person, though...

No buttons makes hunting for functions such as tune, track skip, volume, etc... nearly impossible when driving

Probably illegal anywhere they banned the use of handheld devices as they usually ban the use of anything capable of sending emails or messages or any sort.

Can't use with gloves

Archived