LegacyGT.com

my friend is selling his gt 35r off his sti. i was interested in buying it off him i have 05 5EAT with a fmic,downpipe, exhausat, bov,intake, up pipe. i know i would have to get new injectors fuel pump . i am going to have a custom external wastegate with headers . Anybody have a 35r turbo in there legacys ?

Your also going to need the climberD@hexmods valve body. Check out his thread in the tranny forum.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If you only want 450chp, the gt35r is the wrong turbo. You could get around that with a 20g, and easily surpass your goals with a gt30r.

450chp on a 5eat is somewhere around 320-340whp. All you would need for that power level is fresh fluid, proper maintenance, and the F1 valve body by ClimberD.

i just put a 3076 rotated turbo on my 05 and love it but mine is also a 5 speed! its making 360whp on a very conservative tune!

Why did you get a 3076 if you only wanted to make 360whp?

A TD06-SL2-18G could have gotten REALLY close to that power number, and had a LOT more down-low.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I've never seen a TD06 18G make 360whp on a LGT. Its pretty rare for 20Gs to even hit that mark without meth/water or E85.

That's because no one really runs SL2 18g's (partially because they don't really exist anymore). Everyone drinks the 20g kool-aid because, hey, bigger is better right?

And if that 360 number is SOOOOO important, an FP Green will easily clear that mark on pump.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

And if that 360 number is SOOOOO important, an FP Green will easily clear that mark on pump.

What is the FP Green core? Is it a 20g?

381whp on my old amr cxr500 20g/td06 with meth.

exactly lol

But yea, I'm just saying don't count on 360whp... it may be possible, but only with a full listing of supporing mods. 350whp is more reasonable, and 330-340whp is the only real consistent numbers I've seen on pump.

lol

The Green is a 30R based turbo, and the Green HTA flows 56 lb/min. 20g's flow much less, typically around 46-48 lb/min.

There is almost no functional difference on the street between 340 and 360whp. The 18g will simply be a better overall turbo than the 20g. That is plain right off the bat when you look at compressor maps.

Pressure ratios suitable for pump gas on a 20g in a 2.5L push the turbo off of its peak efficiency island. The SL2 18g, however, sits deadpan in the middle of its highest efficiency zone. Stock engine Subarus cant push a 20g hard enough to take advantage of them. When you do the mods it takes I be able to handle a high-boost 20g, you'd be better off with a Green or 30R that'll make more power at less boost with better spool.

You are grossly under utilizing a 3076 if you are only making 360whp. A Green would behave much better, and make the same or more power (a friend made 481whp on E85 on his green in his STI. Then upped to a GTX3076 and made 580whp on E85).

No one, at all, needs a 35R. Not unless breaking 600whp is your goal.

You'd have to look at the compressor maps. I havent in a while, but I do recall it being well above 20psi.

35r on a 5eat will require more than a valve body mod. You will need more layers in your clutch packs. Even then, it will wear out faster than at stock power levels. Well, maybe. It's hard to get any power out of a 35r on the street, keeping wear down. Depends how you will drive it. Those two things (modified VB and upgraded clutch packs) will take care of your transmission needs. I am far more concerned for the engine.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived