LegacyGT.com

Guaging interest in Crucial Racing quad tip cat back exhaust (sedan) turndowns (XT)

Mblock66

Would you be interested in purchasing a Crucial Quad Tip Cat Back System?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in purchasing a Crucial Quad Tip Cat Back System?

• Yes, and I would be willing to prepay some undetermined amount to get the project moving
    • Yes, but I am not putting any money down
    • No, Already have a cat back or am just not interested

Hi Everyone!

I was talking to Jeremy from Crucial this past week and and the long awaited cat back came up. If you have been following any of the exhaust threads, Crucial is planning on building a cat back for the LGT in the near future. With all of the feedback they definately want to go quad tips (dual tips at each pipe)

I don't have a lot of details as of yet but Jeremy wanted me to post up a thread to see who would be interested in this type of setup. Please respond to the poll and add comments below if you want.

Here is the catch! Crucial is putting out parts at such a furious pace that there isn't much available capital to front the cost of X number of LGT/XT cat backs. So This post is more to see if you guys would be so engaged in this cat back that you would be willing to put either a down payment on it now or even pay in advance for it.

Here is a link to the WRX setup that crucial is about to mass produce. The thing is sweeeet. Watch the videos if you have a chance for sound. Ours might be a little quieter due to a y pipe split and smaller piping. I assume the exhaust will be comperably priced with competition.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=932755

OK well that is about it. More information will be posted shortly so stay tuned. We would need some dedicated people to get this off the ground now, otherwise we aren't sure when it would get slotted.

Thanks fellas!

Matt

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've voted "yes," with money down, of course! :D

As long as it isn't going to be any louder than a stock WRX's exhaust and has quad (dual per side) tips, I'm in. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Kool guys, I will get as much info as I can in the next few days. I am willing to pay in full too. I will get back to you as this post continues. If we get enough guys then I think we will get this going.

You might even get a free crucial sticker too hahahha

You would see something before you had to put $ down. This is just the initial interest thread. To see IF you liked the prototype would you be willing to put a downpayment to get capital rolling for Jeremy.

prototype and final cost....then yes, most likely.

as an obxt owner, absolutely no interest in pipes that turndown BUT if you could get a vendor to fabricate some kind of plate that replaces or modifies the diffuser piece beneath the bumper so that the exhaust tips come straight out, I'm betting you'll get more interest from obxt owners.

I am not sure about the XT, what kinda tips does it come with stock?
for visual reference...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/urabus/d415/pt_910.jpg

have someone make a replacement panel or cover with cutouts allowing the pipes to come straight out. Any vendor volunteers? :)

Yeah I don't think that is going to happen for this application. I think the idea is for a bolt up solution to the stock exhaust. That way you can get the sound and performance gains. It looks like the XT would have to be modified on the bumper to have straight pipes.

did you guys see that video?

at 55mph cruise it was very quite

i don't want it too quite

wrx catback's sound was just perfect!!

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Ok I talked to Jeremy again. Here is a little more info. The Price will probably be close to what is on the market but if we do it as a group buy we will be able to take a little off what crucial will sell them for on a one by one basis later.

So there is a small discount for those that jump in now. Also he will offer both cat back and turbo back systems. The system will be build very similar to the stromung setup but it will tuck into the stock bumper cutout much nicer.

As far as loudness....I would say that it is going to be somewhere between the wrx in the video and the stromung setup (since we are already using that as an example). Don't quote me on that but it will be louder then the stock for sure but quieter then the current stromung by a little.

Not sure about the "down payment" amount yet. But I would assume that the more you give up front, the more Crucial will "help ya out" in the final product. However if it works out right I assume those that fund the project will get the discount and those that want a unit but dont want to put money down will pay Crucial retail, and the capital raisers will also get the first shippment.

I will keep you updated!!!!

Matt

Guest *Jedimaster*
I know at least 1 Outback owner here simply used longer exhaust hangars and mounted up a Legacy System with no problems...

Ted

Yup, and I'm next if we ever get any good weather.

Archived