LegacyGT.com

08 Legacy GT Steering Wheel

Hey guys I'm having a bit of trouble find some info. Hopefully someone can help me.

I'm going to be in the process of Changing out my 05 Auto Steering wheel for the 08 with audio an cruise on the wheel as well as paddle shifters.

The problem I am having is finding the correct part number for the 08 LGT Steering wheel. I have a P/N but I can't verify that it is the correct one.

Any help would be appreciated!

So your saying you can install a steering wheel with the radio controls on it and cruise control from a 07-09 into a 05 and you can control the radio in the 05 from it?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• I Donated

If you have an 05-07 manual, the 05-07 auto wheel with the 06-07 Spec.B radio controls is a better bet IMO, because you don't need to buy a new airbag that way.

The Spec.B had the controls with the P-203UH in 06 and the P-204UH in the 07. Not sure if the P-201UH is compatible, but P-203UHes sell for about the same as P-201UHes, so upgrading to that wouldn't be too bad.

If you have an 05-07 manual, the 05-07 auto wheel with the 06-07 Spec.B radio controls is a better bet IMO, because you don't need to buy a new airbag that way.

The Spec.B had the controls with the P-203UH in 06 and the P-204UH in the 07. Not sure if the P-201UH is compatible, but P-203UHes sell for about the same as P-201UHes, so upgrading to that wouldn't be too bad.

those the 3 button one w/ mode button?

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

So your saying you can install a steering wheel with the radio controls on it and cruise control from a 07-09 into a 05 and you can control the radio in the 05 from it?

I'm not 100% sure as of right now. I'm going to be tackling this once I get my car back from the shop. It will be a long process but just from looking at a few things everything should hookup fine. Just might need some in depth wiring to work.

My whole goal is to Switch the Wheel, Controls, Paddle Shifters, P204UH radio into my 05. If all goes well then a lot of people will be happy.

Well thanks for all the help guys. I ended up getting this sweet Steering wheel that was wraped with some nice perferated leather.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221083353127?_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649&item=221083353127&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&vxp=mtr

For the 2 guys that were trying to sell the wheels to me I might still be interested so please let me know.

• 2 months later...
Well thanks for all the help guys. I ended up getting this sweet Steering wheel that was wraped with some nice perferated leather.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221083353127?_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649&item=221083353127&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&vxp=mtr

For the 2 guys that were trying to sell the wheels to me I might still be interested so please let me know.

Did you get the steering wheel? did you install it yet?

Yes I did get the wheel. It is on and working perfect. I am waiting on some Audio SWC to come in from subaru. It's an easy changeover if your fine with doing a little wiring. I cut off the connectors of the Button shifters and the Cruise control and will be wiring them up to look OEM. The only problem I ran into is finding a cheap Airbag for it witch I was only able to find ones for $160 without shipping so I opted to keep my 05 Insides of the airbag and replace the 05 Airbag Cover with an 08 Airbag Cover. cost was around $60 shipped for the cover and another $20 for a Rivet gun and rivets for the airbag. There is a DIY for the airbag cover in the DIY Performance Section.

Let us know how this goes, I just got a 05' wagon, and the steering wheel is coming apart, and I have a spare 08'LGT wheel that i could use and convert. can you document it with some pictures in case i go through same route.

Let us know how this goes, I just got a 05' wagon, and the steering wheel is coming apart, and I have a spare 08'LGT wheel that i could use and convert. can you document it with some pictures in case i go through same route.

Yea no problem man. If you want to check it out ever I work at Woodfield mall and my car is always there. I am going to be ordering the SWC from the Forester this weekend. Once they come in I will document everything for the people here much like I did with my Airbag cover replacement since finding an 08 cover was going to cost me well over $150. Well I got a cover that cost me $60 and a rivet gun with the acquired Rivets for the airbag for another $20. The wheel is snap it. It's so easy. The only thing you have to redo is the damn controls since the 05 has 1 white 3 pin(cruise) and 1 green 5 pin connector(Controls), where the 08 has 1 8 pin connector. So the hard part is rewiring those and then wiring up the radio controls.

Archived