LegacyGT.com

vf52 swap afr question

deez

Hey all...just finished my car last night...put a vf52, dw 740 injectors, dw 65c pump, catless up and downpipe and gimmick turbo inlet tube. My tune at efi logics is in about 2 weeks and I wanna make sure everything is good before then. So i started and am getting an afr of 17.2 at idle. Me along with everyone I've talked to about it think there's something wrong and with the larger injectors it should be running rich, not lean. I'm going to search for a vacuum leak when I get home from work but was wondering if anyone who's done a similar swap knows what there idle afr was before being tuned. Thanks in advance

I'm not driving it....simply started it and left at idle to verify nothing major was wrong. I don't wanna get to tuner just to realize something is wrong. Plus I'm going open source as I don't have accessport. I don't have a cable yet..they can send me one next week when there guy gets back from Vaca but will I need a specific cable?

Is your maf sensor clean start with basics.. Im doing the same swap except I didnt get injectors or a fuel pump. I was really rich because my maf sensor wasnt facing the right direction because I thought a wrx intake would be the same but it wasnt so I was rich but try clesning your maf sensor. Do you have any codes? Look at any live data you can like yiur fuel trims and your map sensor . Does it begin to get richer if you add some throttle ? All things to look for unless something isnt hooked up right

Yea. The inlet was not fun putting in...the bpv hose wasn't quite right but I fixed it and checked everything else. Couldn't find a leak. And it's still goes down to same afr once it warms u and idle goes down. It seems to run rich when I give it a little gas but still lean at idle...

Yes. It's clean. I just logged a little the only way I currently can. Started logging let it idle for a min. Then gave it a little gas. Maybe to 3k rpm. Looks like the car thinks it had 14.7 afr the entire time. Not once did it change at all. I'll try to show the file here but not sure how

Archived