LegacyGT.com

Can someone help me find Front Spring Spacers for this car?

I finished lowering my 2001 Legacy GT Limited Sedan on H&R Wagon Springs and as expected, the Front is lower than the Rear. I want to lift the Front about Half an Inch. The bottom on my Front Springs measure 6.75" Wide. What are my options?

Only issue with that would be probably having to drill out my stock mounts for the mount kit, and then it would be harder to return it back to stock if I wanted to.

I'm assuming the "Subaru Impreza 02-07 HDPE Front Spacers" are the ones that would fit the front of my Legacy, is this correct?

For spacers I was thinking more along the lines of something to put under the spring (while also not having it twist around freely).

huh? ive never heard of what you're talking about with the bottom of the spring thing,

http://images1.jcwstatics.com/is/image/Autos/GRP-belco46918_is?$JCW_MAIN$

these spacers dont require any cutting... are you running Legacy specific struts?

I'm referring to having to cut out the studs in the strut mounts to replace with longer hardware. I wouldn't want to do that.

It might have been smarter to buy springs ( tein stech or sti ) that are made for ur car and it would have lowered ur car evenly from the start.

From what I know, Tein only makes them for the wagon as well. Would be the same scenario.

STI Springs barely lower the car.

It might have been smarter to buy springs ( tein stech or sti ) that are made for ur car and it would have lowered ur car evenly from the start.

I have 04' STI suspension in my BD and its still monster truck high. Though he handling is phenomenally improved.

If tein s techs are a consideration you might as well cut your springs because it will cost less and the performance will be about the same.

From what i know the sti springs are 25 cm(just about 1 inch) drop even front and rear and the tein s are .9 of an inch so not too much different from the h&r 1.5" front 1.3" reAr. The h&r's spring rate is higher in the back too for the extra 250 pounds and four inches the wagon has.

http://images1.jcwstatics.com/is/image/Autos/GRP-belco46918_is?$JCW_MAIN$

I'm referring to having to cut out the studs in the strut mounts to replace with longer hardware. I wouldn't want to do that.

spring insulator

Archived