LegacyGT.com

If they offered it in '06...

myUsername

Do you really think they would be able to retrofit a nav system into an '05? I can't think of any car company that has offered the option to reinstall an OEM nav system into a car that originally didn't have one built in.

When you say system, exactly what are you referring to???

:confused:

Nav System = navigation system

Do you really think they would be able to retrofit a nav system into an '05? I can't think of any car company that has offered the option to reinstall an OEM nav system into a car that originally didn't have one built in.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Japanese Legacy have a navigation system as an option? If I remember correctly, the screen would go where the cubby hole is. Aside from the antenna, I don't know what else is needed to install it. Please enlighten me.

Doh! Missed that little word "nav."

I thought you were just asking about a system ... any system.

I guess I should really get to bed! :lol:

^^^ and you are correct. Its offered in Japan. Who knows why not here.

Yea like express said, the megellan would be a better buy for your money. You can take it with you and also bring it on trips and put it in rental cars. It just doesn't look that great for your car.

I went for training on the B9 Tribeca, and while speaking with the higher ups, they said the higher end outbacks will have NAV. If they don't change anything else, I don't see why we can't buy the unit and install it on sedans and wagons.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Japanese Legacy have a navigation system as an option? If I remember correctly, the screen would go where the cubby hole is. Aside from the antenna, I don't know what else is needed to install it. Please enlighten me.
Yes there is a nav system in the JDM cars. What I meant is that the '05 US cars won't have the necessary wiring harnesses built-in to the car so just adding a '06 nav system can't be all that easy without a lot of tapping into existing wiring.

I could be mistaken but I haven't heard anyone adding an OEM nav system into a current model Honda/Acura, BMW, Audi, Lexus, that didn't already have one installed. Other than a gps antenna, I believe most nav systems also have a gyroscope and speedometer connection for the times that you have no gps signal like when you're in the city with extremely tall buildings surrounding you, in a tunnel or travelling on the lower surface of a double decked roadway.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see it retrofittable into an '05, i just don't know how likely one will be able to do it.

If they offered a nav system for the '06 model, how many of you would purchase it for your '05? I don't know how much it would be, but my guess is $2000. I probably would get it and call it a birthday gift for my car.

I wouldnt waste my time or money. Even if it did work out here.

The Subaru Satnav is retrofittable to the Euro cars, so I'm sure it would go into the USDM cars too. There are official part numbers on the UK website and I almost brought the the system until I swapped out my 2.5Se for the Spec B.

Although the Euro retrofit kit is horrendously expensive circa £2500ish.

http://www.subaru.co.uk/IMGGB/WWW/subaru_accessories.nsf/WebInternetAccessories/DE154C1790C5DC3D80256E4600357C70?Opendocument

I think it's likely that for whatever reason the standard fit Satnav (Kenwwod) maybe doesn't yet have a US map or has had software customised for the US market? I think if the 06 USDM does have navvy then the kit will certainly retrofit to your car, all the wiring is there, just need the display, dvd-rom and the aerial.

It will be retro. The cubby and spacee up top is a modular piece that has many uses. The car should be ready for it.....after all, other markets have it, so Subaru engineered the car with that thought in mind. At best, it will be a plug and play, with pre-terminated harnesses and Molex plugs. At worst, it may take a little bit of work.

I am very interested to see what comes out and what the price is. I like the idea of having a built in NAV (we have one on our MINI). For $2K though, I can build my own with a MAC Mini in the glove box and a touch-screen LCD flushed in the cubby, plus have an 80gb HDD for iTunes.

If they offered a nav system for the '06 model, how many of you would purchase it for your '05? I don't know how much it would be, but my guess is $2000. I probably would get it and call it a birthday gift for my car.

I would purschase one asap. I told my dealership that I would like them to do it. I wouldn't even think twice about it.

- Mike

Could have gotten one for the wifes Accord --for $2,000. Thank you very much but no thanks. Ive got better use for 2 grand. This is not something I crave but I guess its a status symbol to some. Its another toy to me.

Archived