LegacyGT.com

LED Turn Signals and Brakes

Corny357

I just finished searching a ton on this, but can't really find much. I want to find LED turn signals for my 09 sedan (back and front) and find LED brake lights. I found nothing on the brakes except for 05-07s and what I found on the turn signals confused the piss out of my non-electrically oriented mind. Help.

Do they have the turn signals that are blink just orange instead of being white then turning yellow

Can you explain this further please? The fronts I understand - buy the bulbs and buy the flasher. But the rears you listed the same bulb for the brakes and turn signals? So I would buy four of those? Two for the turns and two for the brakes?

I thought the white running lights were cool - but yes, you can have them with amber too.

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/Parking-Light-LED/Amber-LED/V-LEDS-PLATINUM-AMBER-p9448912-1-2.html

The hazards still work - I did this to the fiance's 05 GT...so that I can guarantee you.

And yes, the rear turn signals and brake lights are the same bulb.

-7 numbers are dual element

-6 are single element incandescent bulbs.

The LED just uses one of the elements.

The door lock/unlock blinks a little faster, but that's it.

Beats putting load resistors in.

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

These are great! I'm going to have to get some to go along with my LED Tails. :D;)

I like those white/amber ones DrSpeed! Thanks for sharing!

I had some cheap O'Reilly's LED turns in the front but hated the double time blinking they created. Shouldn't be a problem now as I've got a resistor in place for the LED tails.

Cheers!

Can you confirm that this would also work for an 09? Also, what do you mean by -7 numbers are dual element and -6 are single element? I don't know what dual element/single element means. Thanks.

3156 - Single element, means one filament. Bright-Off

3157 - Dual Element, means two filaments. Bright-low intensity-off. Like your current front turn signal.

Maybe some of you guys understand all of this but how do I go about installing this? I know its more than unplugging the old bulb and throwing in the new LEDs. Where or who can give me this information?

Pretty much. If you can replace a burnt out light bulb, you can retro LEDS.

The turn signal relay is under the dash.

There's a panel that you need to remove.

Then turn on the hazards, and start listening/feeling for the clicking.

Archived