LegacyGT.com

Need help

magnusonsubie

So I dropped my transmission this weekend to change my clutch and as I am putting everything back together I have the grounding wire that is in the center still hanging and I don't know where it mounts on the tranny. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

It goes to the dogbone mount to one of the tranny mount bolts. If I recall right.

I'll look through my picture to verify. Sorry I don't have any pictures of that area.

Ok I went out and looked, it goes to a stud on the side of the tranny near the upper edge on the passenger side. About the same plane as the fill hole. Just back from that about 9".

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It goes to the dogbone mount to one of the tranny mount bolts. If I recall right.

I'll look through my picture to verify. Sorry I don't have any pictures of that area.

Ok I went out and looked, it goes to a stud on the side of the tranny near the upper edge on the passenger side. About the same plane as the fill hole. Just back from that about 9".

I just found it. I found the stud you were talking about but it is on the drivers side not the passenger side. Thanks for the help though it got me to know about where to look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Archived