LegacyGT.com

Little things

The gas light was on, on the dash of the GT, and the next time I turned it on, the red line surrounding only the fuel tank guage blinked for a few seconds to direct my attention to it! Very neat and never knew about that. Any other little things that people may not know about in the car?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
with the car off... if you push the trip selector / milage reset on the dash... the fuel ring and needle lights up.. and the trip odeometer light up.. to show you how much gas is left. Looks REAL cool.. and i played with it for a few min before i started car today :)

[quote name='SubaruFlamingo']The gas light was on, on the dash of the GT, and the next time I turned it on, the red line surrounding only the fuel tank guage blinked for a few seconds to direct my attention to it! Very neat and never knew about that. Any other little things that people may not know about in the car?[/quote] i had that happen to me a couple of tanks ago. gotta like the triple threat - the gas light going on, the blinking ring, and the warning chime. if you dont get the point by then, then damn...you deserve to roll dry. i like how if you arm the alarm, and you pop the trunk to get your stuff out...then shut it. it re-arms itself.

[quote name='RoundBoy']with the car off... if you push the trip selector / milage reset on the dash... the fuel ring and needle lights up.. and the trip odeometer light up.. to show you how much gas is left. Looks REAL cool.. and i played with it for a few min before i started car today :)[/quote] that is cool...i'll have to do that....sometime tonite :lol:

[quote name='agctr']I tried doing that Vamp with my E-Tag for the tolls in Melbourne, some days it would pick it up and others it wouldnt. When it doesnt pick up the tag, it adds an extra AUD1 to yr account........ ahh u have to love technology. :D Adam.[/quote] Haha... not for tolls.... just normal carpark gantries.

The red line surrounding the fuel guage will also blink while driving if the fuel light comes on. At the same time your onboard computer display changes to "Distance to Empty" for about 10 seconds, then back to where you had it previously set. Nice details Subaru.

Compartments in the glove compartment which allow us to better organise our storage. The parking lights (ie. the switch above the steering wheel) which controls that blinking light for parking at dark corners. The darkened windscreen above the rearview mirror which helps to remove sunlight glare (when looking at rearview mirror) during the day.

I sortof wondered if individuals were assigned to very narrow parts of the engineering process when I had my '00 2.5RS. Little things like the dash cupholder (i liked it) seemed like it was assigned to someone and they didnt call it finished until they liked it due to the fact they were signing their name to it. This is kindof the way I work where if my name is associated with something, it has to be done right. Guess what I'm saying is without some level of personal responsibility for the various systems, these extras would never be implemented due to generic cost/benefit (see profit) analysis.
No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

[quote name='plunk10']I like the fact that the passenger airbag detects when there is a passenger sitting there or not, and turns the passenger airbag on or off accordingly.[/quote] and it does the same thing for the passenger seat belt indicator. It will alarm if someone sits in the passenger seat and not have their seat belt on.

I also keep the highway-toll transponder in the storage bay right under the dash. It works like a charm and keeps the windshield nice and clean. I do notice that when I have my bean-bag mount, holds my Garmin iQue, that the toll-booth does not pick it up. I usually drive through pretty slowly too. I love this car.

[quote name='RoundBoy']temp guage i can see.. but does the trip guage blinking every hour really add anything for anybody ?[/quote] Only if you happen to see it. Even then it's of little use. I suppose it's a safety thing - stop, revive, survive every couple of hours, so they say.

[quote name='agctr']I tried doing that Vamp with my E-Tag for the tolls in Melbourne, some days it would pick it up and others it wouldnt. When it doesnt pick up the tag, it adds an extra AUD1 to yr account........ ahh u have to love technology. :D Adam.[/quote] I wondered about that. Was never game to try it so I ended up holding it on the dash while passing through the tolls, them placed it back in the compartment.

Here's a couple of random things I've noticed: Good - the max setting on the intermittant wipers is over 20 seconds. Finally someone made int. wipers that you can leave on in drizzle. Every other car I've had with int. wipers had so short a delay, you had to keep shutting them off. Bad - the sharp cutoff on the low beam headlights means that overhead objects/signs don't get lit up like they should. sqrl b8

Archived