LegacyGT.com

What is wrong with the n00bs on the forum who can't read?

The subtitle for the General forum reads 'Anything about the Legacy that would not be more appropriate in another forum.'

yet a quick screencap i made less than 5 minutes ago, the first page shows

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/3848/lgtforumiq9.jpg

- 3 tire/wheel related questions/threads

- 3 interior/light threads

- 1 exhaust thread

- 1 transmission thread

Maybe if ppl are publicly shamed enough they'll learn how to use to the technical forums and stop posting in the inappropriate places.

I don't know, i would be excessively harsh as a mod.

Nah ed, you'd be cool. :) RS25 is I think my fourth Mod "position" ... it is frustrating at times, but you're basically just a policeman.

We could use a thread like mine:

http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75369

...But people often don't pay attention to Announcement threads, either.

As the Web gets more and more crowded, the rules of quantity rule.

-S2-

or just grab another beer and not worry about crap on the internet :lol:

When you're trying to keep a forum within some semblance of an organized manner, you can't be quite so dismissive. :)

Besides, if things aren't as well-organized, then n00bs CAN'T come in and Search, as we all harp on them about doing within 4 seconds of their posting a thread.

Guest heightsgtltd
Who rattled your cage ? :lol:

I remember when you were a mod ;)

:lol:

Who me? They know better than to make me a mod :p

guilty as charged for the exhaust thread... although when you first start to use the site common sense would dictate that if you were looking for answers to a certian model you would go to the link for it... upon further use i have learned the errors of my ways :)

Don't read the thead if you think it's a dumb question.

You miss the point as not posting in the right subforum means that when responsible ppl do searches for answers to their questions, they usually do it in the appropriate subforum but if ppl post outside that forum, they miss any potentially useful info in their search, and then instead repeat the same question and create more useless search noise that ppl have to sift thru.

Hey I have a generally funny technical story. Is this where I post it? if not should it go in the general, the funny or the technical forum??:confused:

:lol:

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

oh.....ok.

everyone knows funny stuff goes in the wheel and tire thread.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived