LegacyGT.com

Dr. Colorchip (video inside)

My car suffered some chips thanks to the winter we had here. I tried Dr. Colorchip and was very happy with the results. The color match was great and it was very easy to use.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPSFJYrbOHA]YouTube - ‪Dr Colorchip‬‏[/ame]

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

Here are a few before and after pix from another spot on the drivers side rear door near the wheel well. It really is that easy.

DSC09367-1.thumb.jpg.52e717b64dfa9ca931587870e1522088.jpg

DSC09389-1.thumb.jpg.9ee02be727d92d523c526046fd82e417.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have used this product for several years on my 2007. Works great on the road rash on the bottoms of the doors. I have gone through several bottles now, I always have some handy for whenever I need it. Great product.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=541170628177&set=a.523017881427.2027083.61600502&type=1&theater

I have also just used this product on my 09 OBP. After 2 winters, the hood was showing the aftermath. I order this up, applied it as the directions states and BAM. The hood looks almost new again. Works just as it stated it would.

NOTE: Doing this will create swirl marks as you are rubbing it in. After it has cured, to remove swirls, use a buffer. I used Adam's with my Porter Cable. The hood looks like new.

Another positive review here for Dr. Colorchip.

• 3 weeks later...

So I bought a kit for my Odyssey and my Corolla. I haven't done the Corolla yet, but I'm thinking that will be a better demonstration. The hood on the van is a repaint and the chips are ridiculously deep. This stuff definitely works well though. The secret sauce is definitely that pink stuff. The paint is just paint, but the pink solvent is what smooths out the paint that smears over the panel. It is a brilliant idea though.

I'm going to head over to a client's house tonight who has volunteered his black '94 Supra for testing. :) The whole car needs to be repainted at some point in the future, but he said if I could reduce the appearance of the chips he has now then he can be happier with it in the meantime. So I'll take what pictures I can and post the results. So far I'm encouraged and pretty happy with what this does. It is kind of expensive in my opinion, but it does seem to last awhile. I did the whole hood of the van and most of the bumper and I barely used a finger's worth of the pink stuff. I should have just bought one kit and sourced the touch up paint for the other car somewhere else and saved some money... However the good news is I've got plenty of it, so if you are in the Salt Lake area and have some chips and already have the touch up paint, give me a call and you are welcome to try it out.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Hmmm... the sticker man wants a favor, eh? ;) Just let me know when. I'm on a bit of a stay-cation this next week and am out of town for two weeks after that on business, but I'll be back on around the 9th or so.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Fro! Long time no see, man. Are you still in my neighborhood? You know my garage is always open for you, so stop on by anytime.

Just to put it out there for you SLC guys who might want to try this out, my number is 686-8686 if you want to text me or call or whatever. 801 area code, of course.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Yeah for now I am in your area still, Im looking to buy this house I found in so jordan that has a 4 car garage so I can easily do projects again the only problem with the house is my friends+drinking+slide from second story porch=broken legs soon

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

Ok, change of plans. I don't know if it is something special they put in their paint that makes it work or what, but touch up paint from three different paint codes are not working with this stuff. It kind of cleans it off, but not nearly like it does with the Colorchip paint. I couldn't imagine using the touch up paint I tested it with and this product on a whole bumper. It would take hours to do just half of it. The paint the kit comes with seems to be specially made for the solution which levels it off. I'll keep testing and you guys are more than welcome to become guinea pigs if you'd like. We can try it on a couple chips and if it doesn't work then I'll use Langka or just sand them down and polish it out. No worries. All in the name of experimentation. :)

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 2 months later...
Tested this stuff out yesterday, it works. Previous owner clearly washed my car with a brick at one point. I told the dealer when I 1st checked the car out that there was no way I would drive the thing because of the endless scratches. Ended up getting a much lower price due to this. Anyways, tried it out yesterday and was very impressed. As for the deep scratches you can run your fingernail through, its helps hide them but doesn't fully make them disappear which I already knew, good enough for me. Next nice day off I plan to complete the whole car.

• 6 months later...

I came across this thread, just a question: comparing to the Touch-up Paint sticks sold through Subaru (they come as touch-up + clear-coat kit), what's the difference with this Kit ?

I have the Subaru kit, so I wonder if anyone could give me an opinion comparing personal experience with these 2 Kits.

Big difference. This one gives you a bottle of paint, so in that case it is similar, but it also includes a solvent type product which wipes off the excess paint after you do your touch-up work and only leaves the paint inside the chip. With typical touch up paint you are either left with a blob that you have to sand down and polish, or just an ugly blob. Dr. Colorchip's real product is the solvent you use to level off the blob and remove the paint from the area around it. Similar to Langka, but more effective and much much easier.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Big difference. This one gives you a bottle of paint, so in that case it is similar, but it also includes a solvent type product which wipes off the excess paint after you do your touch-up work and only leaves the paint inside the chip. With typical touch up paint you are either left with a blob that you have to sand down and polish, or just an ugly blob. Dr. Colorchip's real product is the solvent you use to level off the blob and remove the paint from the area around it. Similar to Langka, but more effective and much much easier.

What he said..

Archived