LegacyGT.com

Swapping a 2.5 Motor to a 2.2 Motor

• I Donated

Take 5 minutes and read some of the stuff on this forum.

This question has been answered countless times.

Hell...even read the damn stickies I spent a bunch of time making...they are at the top of the forum. Your answer is in there.

Thanks for wasting everyones time because you were too lazy to read

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Ok first off, You didnt have to a total jack ass! Secondly, i have never used nor heard of this site until i found it when trying to find information out on google and this site popped up! i am still trying to figure it out! and no sorry the only info i have found is putting a 2.5 into a 2.2, in which i am trying to do the complete oppisite. Its not a matter of someone being lazt sir jack ass its a matter of someone trying to find out something that it is not as familiar with this site as you are. Have a nice evening :)

• I Donated

you can find your answers here

http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/second-generation-legacy-1994-1998-95.html

they are right under the "post new thread" button that you hit.

like the one that says "2nd Gen Engine FAQ - Turbos - MPG - Engine Builds - Engine Swaps - Engine Management"

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Brok is really Chuck Norris, and manbearpig, and algore, lol.

edit: Hey brok, I took my 22T shortblock to the dealership to replace the RMS, they didn't do a perfect job. Should I be pissed and take it back? I dont want any weeping. I can post pics tomorrow. It looks pretty good, but if I wanted pretty good I would have done it myself, lol.

• I Donated
Brok, did you have a bad day at work? lol

No. Just tired and grumpy lol

Hey brok, I took my 22T shortblock to the dealership to replace the RMS, they didn't do a perfect job. Should I be pissed and take it back? I dont want any weeping. I can post pics tomorrow. It looks pretty good, but if I wanted pretty good I would have done it myself, lol.

Yeah take it back and tell them they will get a call from ManBearPig, Al Gore, or Chuck Norris if they don't take good care of you.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Should I make them install a new RMS? I can see where they picked out the old seal and marred it up. What a bunch of hosers, it was the only goddamn seal that everyone told me not to **** with. But it was weeping and if I am rebuilding the engine I want to cover all my bases.

• I Donated
make them do it right. If the cast around it is knicked, make them send it to a machine shop. that engine isn't even made anymore. You can't even get a reman short block from Subaru....its rare....valuable, and you deserve to have it done right

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived