LegacyGT.com

Is Legacy Wagon History?

MtnSub

Any public news yet regarding Subaru's decision to drop all wagons from the Legacy line and all sedan's from Outback? We have heard thru SOJ insiders, but any hard news?

Does make sense in many ways and "COULD" be a good thing for Subaru customers if some of consolodation resource is used to deliver more interesting, dedicated sedan and wagon product lines. For example, the Sedan people get the Sti version and the wagon people get a slightly lower, Sti suspension wagon with 290+HP. Also think the more off paved road Outback fans would love a Toyota FJ inspired version of the Outback.

I hope the trimmed, focussed product strategy delivers more excitment and not just a watered down product line of econo grocery haulers and LLBean lux wagons for the Grandparents.

I love my LegGT/Wagon/5MT more every month. I drive my wife's Range Rover now and then and use high-end rental cars for business trips, but my LegacyGT/Wagon is always so nice to slip into and everything about it feels and performs so nice. 18 months with my LegGT and I love it more every day.

Hope Subaru gives me a reason to stay in the Subaru family befoe my LegGT wagon hits 40k miles.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here. Fcuk Subaru if it comes to such idiocy

I don't believe though they will drop wagon in Japan. No way, it's vastly more popular than sedan. I think the same is in Europe.

I used to not really care for the Legacy wagons until I started seeing them on these forums and in person. At time Legacy wagons appeal to me more than sedans and when it is time for me to upgrade. It will be hard for me to chose between 05 5mt LGT wagon or 05+ LGT 5mt sedan, that is of course if I decide to go with another Subaru.

I didnt just make this idea up. See axis008 post on the homepage thread regarding Legacy Sti.

I think unclemat may be right about keeping my LegGT Wagon for the long haul (140k). Even if I pick up a new toy a year from now, might as well keep and enjoy the LegGT Wagon as my Mtn/Ski car. Put the hard driving on it and enjoy every last mile.

I posted this topic hear to see if anyone has seen hard news on this issue or has different inside info. Also interested to know if anyone else sees the "potential" good side of this decision, as I posted above?

There are absoultely not positive potential of doing it, it's shear bean counter stupidity. It's like if they decide to sell only black cars, then sure, they will sell more black cars. But is this the goal?

If I was in charge of SOA, I'd fire the entire marketing department on the spot. The severance package would consist of 10 tickets to Sheryl Crow's concert.

mebbe, but us '05 5sp wagon guys have the true 'limited edition'. Seems more rare than a Spec B, eh??? :icon_wink

Especially the cloth unlimited one. Collectible.

If I was in charge of SOA, I'd fire the entire marketing department on the spot. The severance package would consist of 10 tickets to Sheryl Crow's concert.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OH man. That's great. We have the TV on here all day long from 8am till 4-5pm & those F-ing commericials make me totally nuts by the end of the day.

I think unclemat may be right about keeping my LegGT Wagon for the long haul (140k). Even if I pick up a new toy a year from now, might as well keep and enjoy the LegGT Wagon as my Mtn/Ski car. Put the hard driving on it and enjoy every last mile.

+1 to that. I plan on keeping mine till it totally dies on me. I'll get another car at some point in a few years & keep this one too.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Meh, give me a Diamond Gray Metallic OBXT Limited any day. Yes I'd mod it. Yes the suspension would be tweaked. Yes it'd cost about the same as the mods for the GT to make it handle decent too.

Guest *Jedimaster*
mebbe, but us '05 5sp wagon guys have the true 'limited edition'. Seems more rare than a Spec B, eh??? :icon_wink

Good point dude- put it on ebay! :lol:

there not killing the wagon. the new body style legacys (2007 everywhere except here in the U.S. 2008 for us) have a wagon version.

what makes you think they'll build it in the US?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Like most posts, they get twisted about three posts in, but this was not started with a "Let's worry" theme.

First---question was is this solid info, about Legacy being sedan only....

Second--anyone see how this could be a positive?

A few said this is all badness. I still believe this could give Subaru the opportunity to reduce costs while creating the opportunity for the sedan and wagon goroups to be all they can be.

Maybe SOA is hopless and they are retreating back to the econo Outback model and LLBean Outback wagon base, BUT just maybe this will free them to deliver some very special cars, while reducing models and costs.

Walk on the wild side, what would you like to see come from this? What would you like to see this produce from the Legacy sedan group and Outback wagon group?

This would be sheer idiocy. I see many NA Legacy wagons around here. I don't believe they losing money on them. If they stop making them, that be plain foolish.

End of story.

Archived