LegacyGT.com

Amplifier install help

Learjet45

Alright. I'm getting so pissed at my car right now.

I got an Alpine CDA-105 deck from Crutchfield a few months ago and finally installed it. Not a huge problem. Lost a couple screws along the way, but no big deal.

So now, I want to install my amp and sub that I've had sitting around for even longer. Problem is, I can't find anywhere to feed my 4awg wiring through the firewall. Anyone have suggestions on a location for my 08 2.5i? The one spot we found that looked like it might work ended up not really being accessible from the interior to get the wire and feed it (it was on the passenger side of the car somewhat behind the glovebox, but I believe the cabin air filter was in the way). I saw some thread about following the hood release latch and stuff, and we tried to take the fender off to see about anything behind there, but we couldn't get it off. Anyone have suggestions?

there sa thread on this but i dont have the link

on the drivers side there is a grommet in the wheel well. you can access it by removing the well cover. the grommet leads right behind the dash. to access it from the drivers side remove the bottom dash cover and look back and to the left.

edit: here it is

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/alternate-amp-wiring-route-unused-grommet-3101.html?t=3101&highlight=grommet

I wouldn't put power wire in the wheel well... There should be a grommet on the drivers side.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Archived