LegacyGT.com

Smoked Tails on Garnet Red WAGON :)

KevinSoD

Yes you read it correct - WAGONS

We are proud to announce another new product this week, Smoked Taillight Kits for the new 2005 Subaru Legacy and Outback Wagons!

Sitting in the shade in front of the shop

http://www.pcpcdallas.com/images/film/full-rear-outback-wag-shade.jpg

Out in the late afternoon sun

http://www.pcpcdallas.com/images/film/full-rear-outback-wag.jpg

http://www.pcpcdallas.com/images/film/outback-rear-qtr.jpg

http://www.pcpcdallas.com//images/film/outback-side.jpg

A close-up

http://www.pcpcdallas.com//images/film/outback-tail-pop.jpg

The Outback Wagon taillights have a large compound curve at the top and are thus take a good bit more patience to apply than the sedans. We will be including kit-specific step-by-step instructions with each of these kits along with an application squeegee. Follow the instructions and yours will come out just like ours!

http://www.hot-subaru.com

http://www.pcpcdallas.com

Hi Kevin,

Do you have any plans to do the wagon tint in RED? I ask as the JDM/ Euro wagons have a mainly red look (small darker yellow bit that looks awesome) that I am dying to emulate. I would love to go the covered film route and not have to permanently paint them with red-out tint and clear coat.

If you have these ior can do them in Red, I'll sign up tomorrow.

Sorry, no plans for red. Two main reasons - taillights are already red and they would be illegal on headlights and fog lights for everybody except police and fire departments. Good luck in your quest though.

Sorry, no plans for red. Two main reasons - taillights are already red and they would be illegal on headlights and fog lights for everybody except police and fire departments. Good luck in your quest though.

Kevin, Thanks for the quick reply.

Any way you can supply a generic red tint sheet for me to cut out the yellow signal shape and lay it on myself? What is the tint generally made of? Some sort of semi-transparent vinyl? Can I just go to the sign shop and pick something good up?

Any other members- please chime in as well... your help is all appreciated. I'll guinea pig my lights and do a write up for all to see. I just need an all-red tail look and am becoming really obsessed with this potential mod!

I like it! Post a link to buy as soon as they're ready! :cool:

They were actually loaded on the site Thursday PM and they were launched Friday AM. We did a vendor announcement, along with an additional post in our vendor thread. Here is the link to all the Legacy tints you were looking for Headlights, fog lights, back-up lights, third brake lights, taillights, and mirror lights!

We have already had two people order them and they are on the list of things to go out Monday! Given the strong compound curve at the top they do take a good bit more effort than the sedans, but they look even better in person than the pictures portray!

ChE Outback XT, drewster, et al - yes we have the hatch lights, the wing mounted third brake light (wagons and sedan versions) and also the mirrors we just launched.

gireland, we use a special high performance 17mil vinyl for our kits. The material really has no other applications to speak of, so I am not sure a sign shop would carry it. you might be able to find 2mil vinyl, bu I am not sure how it would go on or how long it would last while conforming to the compound curves involved. Good luck though.

Guest *Jedimaster*
They were actually loaded on the site Thursday PM and they were launched Friday AM. We did a vendor announcement, along with an additional post in our vendor thread. Here is the link to all the Legacy tints you were looking for Headlights, fog lights, back-up lights, third brake lights, taillights, and mirror lights!

We have already had two people order them and they are on the list of things to go out Monday! Given the strong compound curve at the top they do take a good bit more effort than the sedans, but they look even better in person than the pictures portray!

ChE Outback XT, drewster, et al - yes we have the hatch lights, the wing mounted third brake light (wagons and sedan versions) and also the mirrors we just launched.

gireland, we use a special high performance 17mil vinyl for our kits. The material really has no other applications to speak of, so I am not sure a sign shop would carry it. you might be able to find 2mil vinyl, bu I am not sure how it would go on or how long it would last while conforming to the compound curves involved. Good luck though.

Excellent!

Incorrect - taillights are red AND CHROME. Red tint would be fantastic - simply fantastic. I'm holding out until someone comes out with red.

Sedans are red and chrome.

Wagons are red and amber.

I know there is somebody on E-bay that is making stick-on red tint for Miata tail lights to red-out the amber or clear signals (depending on year) and even to red out the reverse lights.

I could see getting some red-out vinyl to red out the chrome outline around the edge of the sedan lights, or to red-out the amber turn signals on the wagon. red signals on the rear are pretty normal.

Personally, I would not red-out the reverse lights on any car. It is too confusing for people to know if your brake lights are on, rather than the fact that you are about to back out of a parking space.

Light smoke is one thing, because the light is still white when on. Red just looks like another brake light bulb, which will confuse people. It might confuse me for a split second, long enough to get into a fender bender.

There are morons out there who don't get it now, with regular reverse lights, so I am not inclined to make it even MORE likely for them to rear-end my car.

I also wonder about the side mirror signal tinting. light smoke might not be bad, but any other color, or anything too dark is going to kill the light output. LEDs are single frequency output, and don't have THAT many lumens of output. Other colors will block the light output, especially blue, and too dark of a smoke tint will just make them very dim.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Jedi, when you get them, post up some pics, I want to see what they look like on the silver outbacks before i order. are you gonna go smoke or dark smoke?

I'm going with the lighter color. I don't want to lose too much light- I'd like a set of those turn signal mirror cover thingies, but they're too dark.

cool, can't wait to see them, I was thinking the lighter as well, just to tone down the red in the back. can't wait to see pics when you get them installed. That will be the deciding factor if I buy them or not :)

Guest *Jedimaster*
So pardon me for sounding like a noob, but these kind of squeegee on right? Can they be removed? I'm thinking haridryer, but not able to be reapplied. I'm going to get the light ones and also a set of the hid blue signal covers- they really grew on me. I really wish you guys would do headlight covers that are cut on the shape of the JDM headlight garnishes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived