LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Ideas

As long as you don't drive like an idiot and crash into a bank, you won't break it... Bahaha sorry, I had to. Legacy gt axleback is the same fit. So I'd try to find a set of mufflers used cheap.

Since you dont have a turbo you should just save your money... exhaust isnt gonna do anything for you. Put that $1000 down on a GT :lol:

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Spend your money on tires/wheels, brakes, and suspension and you'll be surprised at how much faster you can make the car. Confidence to go into corners farther and brake later makes you much smoother and much faster.

If you want to find out if that's a true statement, go to a track day somewhere and watch the guys in the Miatas. Many of them have good tires/wheels, brakes, and suspension and basically stock engine and drivetrain and a good driver can go much faster around the entire track (unless it's a long track with long straights) than a poor driver with 200 more horsepower. They know the car will work in the corners and it's smooth and fast and easy to drive without any surprises.

Spend the money on those things and you'll never go wrong. :);):)

I mean obviously I'm aware it's just a stock 2.5i I'm not really looking at add power just have a nice deep sounding exhaust without sounding like some **** in a civic. As far as upgrading tires already have a new set of Yokohama, definitely need a suspension upgrade my old N/A LGT didn't have the turbo but had the suspension. And I would have bought an LGT but insurance is too much for me on a turbo (too many tickets). But even though it's not a LGT I still wanna make it badass.

I've never added anything to the exhaust so I was saying 1000$ is what I have to play with basically. I don't wanna over pay on something but I don't want crappy equipment

I mean obviously I'm aware it's just a stock 2.5i I'm not really looking at add power just have a nice deep sounding exhaust without sounding like some **** in a civic. As far as upgrading tires already have a new set of Yokohama, definitely need a suspension upgrade my old N/A LGT didn't have the turbo but had the suspension. And I would have bought an LGT but insurance is too much for me on a turbo (too many tickets). But even though it's not a LGT I still wanna make it badass.

If you like the deep sounding exhaust, hogzaust comments may sound silly (the comment itself) but the mod for $1.86 is a no brainer. Best ROI and you can spend that $1K on something cool like wheels as stated by JmP. I did the hogzaust to my wagon because I didn't want to spend $1K or $100 on an exhaust, and after reading the thread and hearing a few vids of it on youtube I was curious and did it. I've had a lot of people comment on it. The cool thing is if you don't like it you're out a whopping $1.86 and just take them off to go back stock.

I had a 2.5i and now have a 3.0R. Best thing to do with the 2.5i, is get a set of unequal length headers. It'll give you the deep burble of the wrx and gt if you pair it with either any axle-back or the hogzaust mod. Personally, with the 2.5i, I would put that money for some lighter wheels, a tune, sway bars, or some poly suspension bushings.

Archived