LegacyGT.com

What mileage are you guys at? How much did you guys buy your cars for?

If you go to the last page, it is fairly recent (December?). That is a great thread because you can see the kinds of problems cars with more miles are having, maybe you can prevent or anticipate some problems that way.

Low here is about 50K, max is 330K+, avg figure 16,000 miles per year times age of car and you have a rough idea.

I bought mine (06 LGT 5MT) with 102k in October of 2015 for $8,800. That included a bunch of uninstalled aftermarket parts and the car was in really nice shape.

It's a shame to see how low values seem to be falling on these. :(

Paid $18,100 for my 2008 Legacy 3.0R Limited with ~30K miles on it in 2011. Has 120K on it now. Car has almost every accessory Subaru makes installed on it (heated seats/mirror/wiper park, XM Radio, OEM remote start, navigation, moon roof) except for the rear spoiler. It's one of 226 made in that color that year and still in great shape.

I'm guessing if I trade it in, they'll give me $3,000 for it.

Bought it in August of 2015 for $10k with just under 72k on the clock. 2005 GT Limited sedan with winter package (don't know if all limiteds came with that), 5 speed manual, Garnet Red Pearl with Tan interior. Apparently that's a pretty rare combo, since GRP was only available in '05-'06, and only in '05 with a tan interior. 1 of 169 with the Limited/GRP/Tan/MT combo.

Probably paid about a grand too much for it, because some of the work that had been done on the car was pretty half-assed (and he didn't tell me that his son broke the CD changer until I came with the plates to pick up the car), but I love this stupid car. Have 90k on it now.

August 2011, $22k, 65k miles.

Also got mine in August 2011, paid 9k with 102k miles, which was by far the cheapest 5MT wagon around at the time. The dealer really ate it though when they warrantied a new short block after it blew the day I took delivery. I'm at 152k now and going strong.

05 5MT limited wagon. February 2014 paid $10k for 51k miles. At 87k miles now.

You make me feel bad about my financial/life decisions. I was trying to get a GT Limited wagon with a stick, settled for the sedan.

You make me feel bad about my financial/life decisions. I was trying to get a GT Limited wagon with a stick, settled for the sedan.

I got lucky and the situation I was in. Didn't require a car right away so I'd sold my impreza and was car less for 3 months before my dad found the LGT in WA while I was at school in CA, took money from my account saying it was "to pay for summer tuition" then I got a picture of the wagon a few hours later.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Archived