LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy. Opinion needed: keyless remote problems

Hi all - Would like to solicit some keyless remote advise. Bought a used remote key fob for my 2005 Leg Sedan limited but when I attempted to program it (per owners manual) it would not program and in addition the original working remote was de-programmed. Took it to a dealer who checked both fobs and said they had good signals but, they could not program either using their computer routine. Their suggestion was to replace the keyless entry control module for $300 (ouch), with no guarantees. Is there anything else to check before I take that route? If I do it, what other devices are controlled by the module that I have to watch out for?

I don't think it's the fobs. The dealer tested them and said they had a strong signal and should work. Before that I reprogrammed them both myself and at the end the locks when off and on and I got all the signs that the routine was successful but then, nothing.

• 3 months later...
I don't think it's the fobs. The dealer tested them and said they had a strong signal and should work. Before that I reprogrammed them both myself and at the end the locks when off and on and I got all the signs that the routine was successful but then, nothing.

Same as you.

Is there any update to this? Any chance the keyless module could have gone bad?

Mine quit working after taking the dash apart for the dash rattle fix!!! i think the rattle was less annoying than no keyless entry!

Monk

What happened is I went back to the dealer (white flag time) and found that the module in the dash was gone. In addition one of the Fobs was done also. One Fob was Ok. Was totally out of patience at that point so I said just do it. After new module everything worked and I bought a new Fob to have an extra. When I get cheap I always get in trouble....works sometimes tho'

:)

Archived