LegacyGT.com

is this normal for a transmission mount?

The_Josh

I'm having trouble seeing exactly what is going on there...what's the piece of rubber hanging around the nut there?

that the center stud on the transmission mount, i believe its supposed to be flat against the metal (i feel the mount is collapsed but i don't know for sure)

Interesting. manual trans? I think I have a whole transmission brace setup and transmission mount if you end up needing one.

Thank you but I ended up just picking it up at the dealer. I've been going there so much they just started discounting my parts. I picked up a new mount for $40

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I just looked under my 5eat 06 and my trans mount looks just like yours and I have a vibration like you describe. From looking at the mount I think that bolt acts as a limiter but I'm not sure. I'd be curious to hear what others have to say or of a new mount fixes the vibe.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

Bumping this thread, I had the same issue. Thank you for the picture!

2005 5EAT Wagon.

Went under the car to fix a pretty nasty exhaust leak and discovered an identical situation. My car will CLUNK over bumps once the chassis warmed up. I think that the rubber started to degrade on me and then got stretched when I pulled the engine up to remove / clean the oil pan and do spark plugs. Replacing the mount this weekend. Will report back.

Reporting back:

The correct 5EAT part number is 9560 on the mount. NOT 9552.

This fixed the clunk I was having and the vibration I was feeling which I thought was differential / CV noise for a while. A+ maintenance task, would recommend to anyone with 100k miles on their car.

Archived