LegacyGT.com

Buying New Tire's Need Help

Legasee07

on my 2.5i stock size was 205/50/17. I am going 215/45/17. Cheaper, same stock size as 2.5GT. Should fix my speedo issues.

Lotta 2.5GT guys run 225/45/17. Up to you really. Just had sears pretty much price match my lowest price on these. Getting them for 620 after tax Mounted and Balanced. Add in my alignment, walking out at 735 after tax. Phew.

I went with 225/45/17 Conti DWS after a set of Bridgestone RE760AS 215/45/17. Night and day difference. If you want to turn on rails, the Bridgestones were great. But they hit expansion joints hard. They were not good in snow.

The DWS have a softer sidewall, but much easier on rough roads. Maybe it's the extra height, but I like the Conti DWS. Impressive in the snow as well.

stock size is 205/50 17. That's what I run on my stock wheels for winter tires. Summer I run 225/40 18. On the stock wheel I would probably stick with the OEM size or go with a 225/45 17.

One thing to keep in mind is that after upgrading to my summer wheels I did notice that turnin had suffered with the wider wheels. Upgrading LCA and steering rack bushings took care of this, but if you don't want to do that and want to keep the semi-smooth turn in then stick with 205 wide tire. Our cars don't really need a wider tire anyway, and the narrower tire will yield better MPG. IMO.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Archived