LegacyGT.com

Official Tri-State NNJR Autocross at The Meadowlands' Met life Stadium Lot E, in NJ

whitetiger

VENUES: NOW AT THE MEADOWLANDS (ONE OF THE BEST AUTOX LOCATIONS IN THE COUNTRY DUE TO ITS SIZE AND PAVEMENT QUALITY AND NOW ONE OF SITES OF THE SCCA SOLO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TOUR!)

Auto-x, also called "Solo", is a safe and fun type of driving competition where you can drive hard in a safe and controlled environment. Its very fun and very affordable. For all the first timers, anyone can race. If you don't have a helmet, they will supply you with a free loaner helmet. They have instructors to help you any time you want, and they will answer any questions you have. So all you need is you car and a little cash. Here is all the info... Autocross?!?! ......what is it?(click)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Classing info.... (more info here), (Full SCCA rulebook here)

For Legacy GT's with a turbo(05+), if your car is stock, no AP/tuning, no upgraded suspension, etc, you are in DS( D Street). Certain very specific mods are allowed. Ask me if you think you can stay in stock with your mods. D-street allows for tires of any size but rims width must be same as stock and within 5mm of stock offset. You can run +1 in diameter but the width must be the same as stock. If you want to run a tire with under 200 tread wear rating, there is the D-street R category.

If you have no tuning, or boost increases, but have suspension work, you are in STX(Street Touring X) or ESP( E Street Prepared) R-comp Tires are not allowed in STX, and tire and rim width is limited so read the rules or you will classed in ESP.

All stage 2 LGTs (stock turbo vf-40/vf46) are in ESP(E Street Prepared)

All LGTs with upgraded turbos are in SM(Street Modified)

For the most part, most of you will be in DS or ESP depending on your mods

For 2.5i people, your classes are H Street(HS), Street Touring Compact(STC), or FSP(F Street Prepared), Depending on you mod level.

Of course there are exceptions to the general rules of thumb i posted here. If you have a question about a mod on you car and how it affect classing, feel free to PM me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a link to the official rules which contains classing info for all cars- http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/2014%20Solo%20Rules%20Book%207%20w%20cover%20and%20links.pdf

From http://www.autox4u.com/clubs/nnjr-scca/

2014 Northern New Jersey Region Solo Schedule for Met Life Stadium

(click on links to register)

All NNJR event are held on Saturday at MetLife Stadium Lot E $50 SCCA Members

$60 Non-SCCA Members

ALL novices MUST be registered by 8:30am and are REQUIRED to attend the NOVICE MEETING in addition to the event drivers meeting. Failure to attend the NOVICE MEETING will result in exclusion from the event. A NOVICE is defined as ANY participant that has less than 4 overall NNJR events.

• Lot opens 7:00 AM
  • NOVICES SHOULD ARRIVE BY 8AM
  • Registration open 8:15 am – Closes 9:15 am SHARP
  • Tech open 8:30 am – 9:30 am
  • Novice Walk Through 9am
  • Course walk closed 9:30 am
  • Driver meeting 9:40 am
  • First car off 10:00 am
  • Pre-Registration is required. You may still register on site. Registration Closes 9:15am!!
  • To qualify for year end points you must compete in at least 6 points event. We will drop 2 events.

Also, if this schedule is not enough for you, Motorsports Northeast(MSNE) autox series has its own schedule in one of the other Met life stadium lots(Lot J) on days when NNJR events aren't scheduled. They use a different classing system than SCCA which a lot of novices like since things like having a tune wont throw you in to a difficult class. You can read about the classing structure here- http://motorsportsne.com/2008/rules/MSNE2008_rulesclass.htm. They also have autox schools that are generally not crowded and you can get a boat load of runs in, similar to an Evo school, but a lot less expensive.

2014 Motorsports North East schedule for Met Life Stadium:

(Click to register)

Event Timetable

Friday AM Autocross School

• On site Registration – 7:45 am to 8:45 am
  • Drivers Meeting – 8:45 am to 8:55 am
  • First Car off – 9am
  • School completed at 2 pm

Friday PM Event (limited to 75 cars)

• On site Registration – 1:00 pm to 2:45 pm
  • Vehicle Safety Inspection – 1:00 pm to 2:45 pm
  • Course Walk Through – 2:00 pm to 2:45 pm
  • Drivers Meeting – 2:45 pm to 2:55 pm
  • Report for Work Assignments – 3:00 pm
  • First Car off – 3:00 pm
  • Late Arrival (with prior notice) – 4:00 pm
  • Expected Completion of the Event – 7:00 pm
  • On line pre-registration advised but not required (open to walk ins if spots available)

Sunday All Day Event

• On site Registration – 7:45 am to 9:30 am
  • Vehicle Safety Inspection – 7:45 am to 9:30 am
  • Course walk through – 8:00 am to 9:30 am
  • Drivers Meeting – 9:40
  • First car off – 10:00am

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what ive been told, NNJR events are some of the larger regional events held in the country. On points events, expect too see over 100 cars taking part. Its like a big car meet and race so good times for all! Lots of fun!!

Man, I'd love to do this :wub: But, I can't make every date. Once or twice would be great. Are there any non-points events?

:confused:

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Only at the beginning and end of the season, the test and tune days. You dont have to make every date. It ok if you only come for a couple points events. the points just means the events get totaled up for year end awards. you can come on any day on the schedual.

I'm registered and ready to go. Just need to decide if I want to buy a helmet now or buy one later. Thinking of a standard cheapo SA2005 open face one.

Can't go wrong with that. I got the G-Force open face in black at SafeRacer. Used this coupon code too for 10% off :eek: : sm0125xrp Not a bad deal with the coupon code. What I really wanted though was the Diamondback :wub:

10% sells it since I was looking at http://www.soloracer.com/pyroopenfacesa.html which is pretty much exactly the same thing. Think it's safe to say, whatever size I wore as a loaner should be the size I buy?

Yup, pretty much the case for me. There's also measuring instruction on the saferacer site if you really want to be sure.

hey joe, you are registered for the pro class. you may want to edit your reg to get in to normal DS class

He's been practicing during the off season :lol:

Yeaaaaaah, I wasn't sure about that, and hey, I've been practicing by dodging potholes here and in VT all winter long. That's gotta help right?

I think I fixed it, how does it look now. I'm also not an "active" member yet so I can't see the registered list :(. Funny though, before I registered for the event I could. But now that I've registered, I can't. How backwards is that?

Okay, I give up, where do I change it to not novice and not pro?

Oh, wait, I see. There's an option to just leave it blank. That's silly. Who would choose the blank option on the first try? I guess... normal people :(

im a member at MSNE autocrosses and have been running at their events at the Meadowlands, Giants Stadium.

I'm not sure if i want to do the ones at englishtown, but definitely interested.

I thought you always went to Englishtown...or maybe I assumed you did ;) I've actually been thinking of going to the MSNE autox events too since I'm practically right next door. It would be more seat time, which I need right now. Let me know next time you go, maybe I'll join up and run with my crappy all-seasons :lol:

MSNE has a very odd classing system. Wher in the lot do they hold the events, and from which entrance do you get in? Ive been thinking about going to a couple events myself.

You are correct in their odd classing system. I'm not even sure what I would be placed under if I went :confused:

Bump^ for this saturday. Come on people, its a fun friendly atmosphere.

Definitely a fun and friendly atmosphere. If you have the slightest bit of interest/desire to go, then you owe it to yourselves to at least come to one of these to see for yourself. You won't be disappointed, guaranteed :)

Bump^ for this saturday. Come on people, its a fun friendly atmosphere.

Definitely a fun and friendly atmosphere. If you have the slightest bit of interest/desire to go, then you owe it to yourselves to at least come to one of these to see for yourself. You won't be disappointed, guaranteed :)

With endorsements like these, how can you not go?

Archived