LegacyGT.com

Disconnecting exhaust?

Ok so this may sound kind of stupid but I have an 05 LGT with SPT CBE and a shorty DP with not sure what brand back half. Would it be ok to literally just remove catt (not in the DP the normal one) so I just have everything coming out the DP and the rest sort of just hanging there? I am asking before doing because im not sure if something may melt or if the rest of the exhaust will fall off by just being on the hangars.

Thanks!

Just unbolt it, start the car and see how loud it is. If it's to loud just bolt it back up.

The cat in the DP knocks out a lot of the sound.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Im not worried about how loud it will be as honestly, I'd like it as loud as possible. (Obviously if for whatever reason its a problem, I could just bolt it back up.) Im just asking if it would be safe to do because I dont want to melt something or break something on the exhaust from it just being on the hangars. If possible I would just like to completely remove the catt and have everything coming out the DP but keep the mufflers there so no one (cops) gets suspicious.

That sounded pretty badass. Well while im home from school for the summer ill just take the catt out, and if it bothers me ill just throw it back in. Hopefully by the end of august Ill have money and just buy a 3" pipe straight back.

I say it will be so loud you can't talk to anyone who is a passenger inside the car on the highway. That's how loud my Pro Lab Tuning exhaust was. That's with its mufflers on.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I say it will be so loud you can't talk to anyone who is a passenger inside the car on the highway. That's how loud my Pro Lab Tuning exhaust was. That's with its mufflers on.

Well then this should be interesting haha. We shall see it a few weeks

Max: It'll be so loud your ears will bleed

Al: Huh?

Archived