LegacyGT.com

My engine rebuild is complete

I got my engine built at suba performance I was very happy with their work and I got her tuned by Harvey at the boost creep ltd I got 337.2 awhp. I got a process west tmic with an 380xt blouch turbo and 850" cc injectors with the 255 walsbro fuel pump and the injectors are deatchworks and she pulled on almost everything so I'm happy with the outcome of my engine build!!! And it's on E85!!

And how much did you spend approx.?

Good question, what'd it set you back?

I'm guessing close to upper 5000-6000. May be the OP will chime in soon.

My new short block and gasket set was $2100, machine shop work (rebuild heads, remove heads from old and install on new ej257, install oil pan and timing belt, with all the pieces) $1200.

Clutch, flywheel surface, hoses, fluids, etc figure close to 1000.

I did the R&R with my engine hoist.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/got-some-new-stuff-engine-r-r-184106.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Think I know this person? He got ran off the road the other day had to replace 2 day old suspension plus getting new wheels, control arm. Its definitely a pretty penny he lets suba do all his work.
Priorities change when car parts come into the equation

• 1 month later...
i had 3,000 miles on the car before i tuned it. and i spent well over 6k but so worth it. ive got her on E85 @ 362hp and the car can take more i am building my tranny with RA gears so that i can push the engine harder and the tranny can take it.

Archived