LegacyGT.com

Probably Changing clutch, what to do at the same time?

So I'm probably changing my clutch soon as it's starting to slip. Gonna try to do it ourselves. Is there anything else I should change while the transmission is out? I was thinking transmission mounts, shift bushings and maybe a short throw. Anything else that when it's apart would be beneficial to change?

1) Do you guys really think he's gonna need a better front diff on a car with 125awhp?

2) I don't believe the TSK3 is available for the 2.5i's. That was the conclusion I came to last time I checked. Says its only avail for turbo models.

TSK1 should be for non turbo models with 5mts.

http://www.pdmtsk.com/products.html

1. It can't hurt but it isn't really needed :lol:

2. The 5MT gearbox is the same GT or not it only says Turbo only b/c they never tested it on a 2.5i. Also the stock TOB pack has the clips to hold it in place i would skip the TSK3.

3. Keep in mind that stiffer mounts means more vibration in the cabin potentiall and more noise overall.

how many miles have you gotten out of your clutch now that you are looking to change it out? Mine is at 62k so I'm interested to see how much more life I can expect out of it (its still pretty solid except for a little chatter everynow and then in the cold) I'd be interested to see how your experience goes because the subaru is pretty easy to work on, and it's one of the few cars I would actually consider doing the clutch myself.

Archived