LegacyGT.com

No Sound at all

Destric

Well first of all I'm new to the forum, so hi to all hehe:)....

I have an issue with my car (LGT 2008 Limited), there is no sound at all, i can change to radio, CD, Aux, add stations to the radio, change the audio specs, basically everything but there is no sound from the speakers:confused:, sometimes when I turn off the radio after 2 days it comes back and sometimes driving it goes off again or comes back, I haven't check anything yet besides the fuse panel inside the car.... I have almost a week with this issue.... Did anyone have this issue before? or may have any idea what could be the issue?

Thanks for the help.

I have had this issue on both my 08 2.5i and 09 LGT! Driving around and all sound cuts out. Then next day its is back and it hasn't happened since (a few months ago) I do notice that on the LGT it isn't as loud now following the blackout. Before I would have the phone patched in via AUX and it would be 3/4 volume and the radio on 16-22 Vol would be plenty now phone turnesd all the way up the radio never gets too loud.

I feel like there is a grounding issue with this radio.

I just check the fuse on the engine side and it is Ok, also I don't see any amp under the passenger's side, which is very weird; maybe the car doesn't comes with that.

I did scan him to see if there is any code but nothing, did unplug the battery twice and nothing.... Did anyone has a guide on how to remove the radio? I would like to try that before sending the car to the dealer....

It's a speaker or speaker wire grounding out somewhere. Try pulling door speakers one at a time, you just might see a broken wire then.

I had it once myself, it was the drivers speaker + wire hitting the door frame

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever figure out that problem with your radio? Mine is doing the same thing as yours!

Its quite infuriating since it sounds great when its on but it dies once in a while and won't come back on for a few days.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Well reading every possible solution for that issue that i had, before opening all the car and remove the seats i decide to test the radio first so i talked with a friend who has the same car as mine and did test the radio.... the surprise was that my radio was damage...

It was an electronic issue, i had two options:

1. replace the radio

2. send it to repair

The issue was the capacitors of the radio, they are the ones who are in charge of the sound, there are 2 types in and out, the ones that was bad on my issue was the out ones.

If you can get another radio to test, do it, could the radio before you remove the seats of your car to check the cables to the speakers

Archived