LegacyGT.com

Question re Brillant Silver Legacy GT Wagon - Paint repair

Guys,

I have had a 2006 Legacy GT (Brillant silver) since May 06 and love it. Well last week I was hit in the rear bumper and had it repaired. They sanded and re-painted the rear bumper.

It looked great when I picked it up in the sun this afternoon however in the garage tonight I can see that the bumper is a slightly darker shade than the rest of the panel work. It is deceiving though becuase from the rear though it looks the same however on the side profile it is darker.

My question is they should match exactly right?

Brad

A lot of the color tint depends on the formula they used to mix the paint as well as the way the paint manufacture mixed the base color. The shop I use has matched some paints on my cars perfectly and years later when I have a new piece painted to match, the color is off a bit. They have repainted it, and it's still off a slight bit. He say's it's because in this case RM paints, changed the way they mix the base color. That's on a custom painted yellow car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived