LegacyGT.com

Differences between GTSpec Version 1 Headers vs Version 2?

al-gorithm

Like the question asks... can anyone help me tell the difference?

I just picked up a used set for $275 :icon_bigg and am going to get them ceramic coated in a couple of weeks. I would like to know which version I have.

Tried Nasioc but they weren't too detailed between the differences.

When ceramic coating, is doing the outside only good enough? I am not sure if ceramic coating the inside is possible. Me being in Canada doesn't allow me to have the resources to use JetHot or Crucial unless I ship them after I cross the border.

Anyone have any quotes or prices for having headers coated at either of those places?

It should be coated inside and out.

I would think so but some say the coating could flake off on the inside and damage the turbo. Swain Tech only coats the inside for this reason and they're a pretty big name in coatings.:confused:

I've said this before and i'll say it again Swaintech is the best coating on the market bar none. I have personally dealt with and used the other big name coatings on this board (not mentioning names) and the Swaintech is on another level.

^ ?

Not sure what you mean, bruddah....

The probe itself should seat within the screw-in adaptor via a set-screw. It'll be a decently tight fit that no sealant should be necessary as the "leak" will be small and is self-sealing due to temperature/expansion.

As for the adaptor, my instructions from AutoMeter didn't include anything with regard to the need to thread-seal. Same goes for the probe, of course.

:) Hope this helps!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ NP. Glad to help! :)

So far, at least, I've yet to note any audible leaks coming from my Crucialized stock manifold and AutoMeter EGT hardware setup.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived