LegacyGT.com

The good ole wiper debate...

highwaydrifter

has anyone tried to fit a 19in blade in the passengers side yet?

Figured that it would work but want to confirm before i order anything up (wanting to get the piaa super sporza's)

comments? (i hate when you are going fast and the wipers start to smear instead of wipe)

damn nokians... blame them for the higher speeds.

too much $$$

I just ordered some Valeos from Amazon.com for 19.99 and 18.99 (24"/18"). Free Amazon prime offer gives free 2-day shipping too (and I had a $20 gift cert on top). :)

They're fine when new.

tom

i definately disagree, my wipers sucked ever since i picked up the car at the dealer.. i also work at a mercedes dealership as a tech, so i'm used to amazing wipers (keep in mind they also cost 50 bucks).. i dunno

i definately disagree, my wipers sucked ever since i picked up the car at the dealer.. i also work at a mercedes dealership as a tech, so i'm used to amazing wipers (keep in mind they also cost 50 bucks).. i dunno

Umm, you need to pay a little more for the Merc too! :icon_bigg

Try going back to the dealer and having them replace them? My wipers are streakless and clear the windshield when they are new (we do get a little rain here in Seattle ;) ) I can't vouch for them in heavy snow though.

When I had my Passat the wiper blades were $100 each! They weren't that good! I might buy them for $20 though.

tom

BTW, nice avatar

tom :)

Umm, you need to pay a little more for the Merc too! :icon_bigg

Try going back to the dealer and having them replace them? My wipers are streakless and clear the windshield when they are new (we do get a little rain here in Seattle ;) ) I can't vouch for them in heavy snow though.

When I had my Passat the wiper blades were $100 each! They weren't that good! I might buy them for $20 though.

tom

BTW, nice avatar

that's crazy prices for a vdub.. normally when someone buys wipers from parts, someone in the runway will install them for free because it takes 2 seconds. and thanks for the compliment on my avatar.. your's is quite nifty as well :)

that's crazy prices for a vdub.. normally when someone buys wipers from parts, someone in the runway will install them for free because it takes 2 seconds. and thanks for the compliment on my avatar.. your's is quite nifty as well :)

Thanks also!

Actually, it was $100 for the parts! The dealer felt bad and of course didn't charge for installation. It was the first year VW switched over to those Valeo type blades and I had one of the early ones. I'm sure they're much cheaper now! (I hope, anyway)

tom

well, it started by me saying i think the OEM subaru wipers suck.. and someone said they don't care because they're warranty.. bringing other car makes into the topic. it doesn't matter. so where can i find these "amazing" blades that other members speak of?

hmmm ok.... what does it being a VW have to do with buying good wiper blades? That is kind of a stupid comment

ummm, ok. . . . this was an unnecesary comment (at best). Chill out man, there was some reason and logic behind the progression of this thread. The VW had the Valeo type blades people were talking about. And even if the connection is shaky at best, we don't have to be so strict, do we?

:icon_bigg

tom

sorry for going OT. Go ahead, flame me.

• 1 month later...

Archived