LegacyGT.com

Spec b top hats vs lgt top hats...

Car : Outback xt 2005 5mt

Parts : 4 kyb gr2 shocks, 4 rallitek springs, all hardware (dust boots, nuts, bolts, rear top hats...) all lgt wagon .....

Now up in the front i have spec b top hats (came with the kit), i want to know if there is a problem fitting spec b top hats on kyb/rallitek combo?

Will spec b top hats make the front suspesion higher?

Is it better to find lgt wagon application top hats instead?

Thanks for helping :-)

• Moderators
wagon and sedan top hats are the same, only the spec.b hats are different. If the kyb's came with spec.b hats then you should use them. Yes they will add a bit of height, either go for wagon springs (taller in the rear) or small spacers for the rear shocks if you want a bit of a raked stance.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but thought id share what I learned on my 05 LGT wagon. I had KYB GR2's(for LGT and H&R springs in the front with Spec B top hats(strut mounts) and they made horrible rattling noises. After taking them apart, the reasons we're clear. The Spec B top hats had a spacer that is half the size of the LGT hats. Without stacking washers the mount, it wont work.

You can see in the pics that the spec b tophat leaves the shoulder on the strut exposed so the nut can't tighten fully, so every time you hit a bump, the tophat/spring mount will rattle. I'm betting your kit came with a spacer to prevent this?

The ride hieght is only different 1/16 to maybe 1/8. I placed equal size sockets under each top hat side by side and the Spec B(right) is slightly taller. Also, you can see that once I put the car back on the ground, the before(darker) and after(lighter) pics are about the same.

IMAG0855.thumb.jpg.90ff677e821426eac8c883800c8b43ba.jpg

IMAG0854.thumb.jpg.40872c2ef80a073a5846f7e8f1022a03.jpg

IMAG0852.thumb.jpg.bef6a6a527a285312e01faf80033353e.jpg

IMAG0857.thumb.jpg.7664eefc6709ceecfe53ce2eb2229148.jpg

IMAG0856.thumb.jpg.62cc7da7b6f325305563e501e116ddc0.jpg

Archived