LegacyGT.com

TX LGT for sale

RallyNavvie

Stopped at the dealership yesterday to check on the car and they found this in the engine bay. So it's new battery and cables before selling the car. They did get the scuff on the bumper sanded and painted and it looks great so the car is now pretty much in as good a shape as a car with 43k miles can be.

I'm still looking for any slightly-used RE92s to replaced my full-size spare. The RE92 on that wheel is toast.

battery.jpg.2867c867f6dc995e85a659d8bf7e15fa.jpg

^^

Looked like my battery til I took a wire brush to it and got most of the crustys off. Then took a tablespoon baking soda mixed with about 6 oz of water to get the rest to bubble off.

You should try doing that first!! { its pretty cool to watch the chemistry reaction take place :) }

^^

Looked like my battery til I took a wire brush to it and got most of the crustys off. Then took a tablespoon baking soda mixed with about 6 oz of water to get the rest to bubble off.

You should try doing that first!! { its pretty cool to watch the chemistry reaction take place :) }

I've done that before, but I let this one get away. It has literally eaten so far through the negative cable that you could pull it apart with one hand. Fortunately that's all the damage it did. The tie-down looks fine after it was cleaned off.

Archived