LegacyGT.com

What is the Correct Blitz LM Drop in Air Filter #?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56521 is the correct part number from Blitz. Yes it also is the EVO drop in filter. Apparently It was found to work with both. I have a customer who reported the filter as not being able to fit as well as his Perrin panel filter. I have not test fitted the Blitz filter myself yet. The 515 is for the wrx.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

For the 05+ Legacy GT's, what is the correct part number. There seems to be two different part numbers floating around (56515 and 56521) and I just wanted some input from those that have one.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam, I can tell you for a fact that the 56521 is not a tight fit. Personally I think it is the wrong part for the Legacy. I just got mine and installed it on my 2005 Legacy and it has movement in the box. I am pulling it and not running one of these until Blitz can get it right. There are clear dimensional and design differences betweem the 56521 and the factory Subaru filter. The Subie one has a perimeter rim all the way around to create a nice seal and fit, the Blitz does not.

Hope this helps you. Do your homework before you buy this thing.

• 2 months later...
Damn I would have liked to find this out before I ordered one. How can this be advertised on our site if it does not even fit?!

What site did you order it from?

I hope it is not MachIV sports, because that is where I got mine from. And unless they have the right ones in you will probably get what I got, which does not fit. Maybe you ought to verify that with them if it is MachIV. Dan completely agreed the fitment was off, after he put me on hold and went out to fit it on to his car. Did not fit as snug as the stock filter either. Thats what is the problem, the filter area is the same as the stock filter, but the outer chassis is different from stock, so it bobbles around a little bit. I think that is risky to have installed on a turbo motor.

Dan @ MachV have the correct ones to sell. Check your box to see if it's the 521 model.. your panel should be square, the WRX are rectangular.

funny, I dont have that issue on mine at all.

I am on the phone with them now...They are going to send me a call tag for my old filter and then get me the correct one.

I am verifying the part # for the new/correct filter. Because I am pretty sure I have the 56521 (as I listed above), but not sure because I am not at home right now to check the filter itself. But I think the 56521 is the one everyone agrees does not fit right.

You may have got an early version or something then they changed it for the EVO??? Not sure. But rest assured one of these does not fit right and I have it.

Yeah I have the one from Dan @ MachV and it is the 521 square one. I do hope it fits. I'll be installing it tonight.

Ok, here is the deal. I just got off the phone with Melissa (I think) at Mach IV. Sorry I got distracted by the sound of the Ferrari in the background so I wasn't sure of her name, even though she sounds like she is cute.

The correct part # for the Blitz filters for the Legacy GT is #59542. Whether Blitz added a new one, or changed the old for this I don't know. But I can tell you that MachIV says part #59542 fits perfectly and they will sawp out mine old with no problem.

They are very helpful, and responsive, knowledgable bunch. Sending me a call tag for my old filter. Once they get it they are sending the correct one.

What kind of modification? Does it still work?

I would recommend getting the right one rather than JerryRigging it. I mean do what you want, but you have the option to get the correct fitting filter. I personally would rather go with stock they anything that didn't fit like a stock part.

What kind of modification? Does it still work?

Basically the Blitz is too small for the airbox. It moves forwards and backwards by itself, so I took a 1/8" thick piece of Plexiglas and cut it to fit the airbox. I then cut a hole in it the size of the filter part of the blitz. I lined the Plexiglas with electrical tape to ensure a good seal between the filter's rubber gasket and the Plexiglas frame. Now it fits tighter than your sister's you know. If I had to do it again, I'd get a different brand filter, although the option to clean and reuse this one is a big plus.

Basically the Blitz is too small for the airbox. It moves forwards and backwards by itself, so I took a 1/8" thick piece of Plexiglas and cut it to fit the airbox. I then cut a hole in it the size of the filter part of the blitz. I lined the Plexiglas with electrical tape to ensure a good seal between the filter's rubber gasket and the Plexiglas frame. Now it fits tighter than your sister's you know. If I had to do it again, I'd get a different brand filter, although the option to clean and reuse this one is a big plus.

or just order #542 as stated above..

Keefe

Would be the ideal case, but some may already have 521. A little ingenuity and a $2 piece of Plexiglas > $50 for a new filter.

I have the 521, and MachIV is taking it back and giving me the correct one, no extra $50. So using that logic, why go out and spend $2 bucks when you can get the right fitting one for free? Why would anyone not take advantage of that?

I will let you guys know how it fits.

I have the 521, and MachIV is taking it back and giving me the correct one, no extra $50. So using that logic, why go out and spend $2 bucks when you can get the right fitting one for free? Why would anyone not take advantage of that?

I will let you guys know how it fits.

Because I didn't buy mine from Mach V, it was given to me as a gift. Omen just asked how I fixed mine, not what he should do. Settle down boys.

Vahkill thank you for letting me know. I was going to go that route before I found out I could return it. So thank you all! I sent an email to Dan but I may call tomorrow as well to follow up. I want to get this resolved.:(

Now I'm worried about all these fitment issues and now I heard that this filter will put more strain on the engine? Should I just try to get my money back or just the the right filter and take my chances. I can't afford to just throw away $64 with shipping and everything.???

Ok, here is the deal. I just got off the phone with Melissa (I think) at Mach IV.

Erm, her name is Heather. And our company is Mach V. :)

Sorry I got distracted by the sound of the Ferrari in the background so I wasn't sure of her name, even though she sounds like she is cute.

Heh! Okay.

The correct part # for the Blitz filters for the Legacy GT is #59542. Whether Blitz added a new one, or changed the old for this I don't know.

Blitz WAS recommending the 521 part number, which is the Evo fitment filter. And in my opinion, it does NOT fit perfectly. (As mentioned above, we only realized this after it was brought to our attention and we CAREFULLY looked at the fit.) It fits OKAY, but it's off by just enough that the airbox lid doesn't fit on snugly. This can cause the filter to move around a little. Honestly, it's probably not enough to actually allow any dirt to leak by the filter, but it's an annoyance, and I figured if there's a TRUE fitting part number, we'll get that.

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

Archived